CenturyLink IT OPERATIONS TECHNICAL SUPPORT 1 in Town And Country, Missouri
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
The IT Operations Technical Support 1 (Service Desk Analyst) is responsible for providing Tier 1 Service Support in a customer focused, team oriented, support environment. Tier 1 service support includes customer incidents (break/fix, requests, and how to), and related support functions/duties.
Position Objectives: Following the corporate vision, mission and principles -
· Provide Customer with an outstanding service experience
· Contribute, in a positive way, toward meeting/exceeding service level agreements and organizational performance metrics
· Interact with customers, via multiple communications methods, per established customer service and quality guidelines.
· Using all available resources (including but not limited to: training, knowledgebase, intuition, and escalation resources), resolve or escalate customer
incidents per established guidelines, processes, and service level agreements. i.e. Provide quality solutions in a timely manner.
· May provide escalated support to Tier 1 Service Desk staff.
· Maintain/enhance relationships with other support organizations (internal and external) to help resolve problems. Demonstrate the ability to
appropriately escalate issues.
· Ensure ticket documentation is accurate and thorough.
· Maintain ownership of workload
· Identify recurring incidents and trends, and escalate appropriately.
· Take applicable/assigned training courses.
· Ensure knowledgebase is kept up to date.
· Adhere to documented personnel and department guidelines and policies.
· Contribute toward/lead continuous improvement efforts/initiatives; may lead projects.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent Customer Service & Attitude
· Excellent listening/understanding, verbal, and written communications
· Team Player/Mentor
· Excellent contact control, analytical and problem solving
· Proactive and Accountable
· Possess a sense of urgency and maintain stress awareness/management
· Ability to multi-task while being attentive to the customer
· Adaptability, Flexibility, Innovative/Creative Solutions
· Desire to learn, and maintain/enhance knowledge
· Readily accepts feedback, mentoring, and coaching
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, ticketing tools, and troubleshooting tools.
· Understanding/experience in networking, web, email, mobile, security, and managed services technologies.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
· Bachelors' degree in Information Technology or equivalent education in related fields
· 2 or more years customer service experience or other pertinent related experience
Associates or Equivalent
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Town And Country
Requisition # : 202327
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.