Brown Smith Wallace, LLC Transaction Advisory Consultant (TALS) in St. Louis, Missouri
Brown Smith Wallace is a nationally ranked top 100 full-service CPA and business advisory firm and one of the Midwest region’s most prominent locally owned public accounting firms with a staff of more than 300. The firm serves its long-term base of family owned, private companies with audit, accounting and tax services as well as a wide variety of business consulting services. We serve a wide variety of industries with expertise in broker-dealers, captive insurance companies, construction, financial institutions, health care, insurance companies, manufacturing, not-for-profit organizations, public sector, real estate, retail and startups.
Transaction Advisory professionals provide insight into business valuations of purchase price, complex merger & acquisition transaction structuring, due diligence, financial modeling calculations, purchase accounting consulting, and forensic accounting. Assist business owners throughout all stages of mergers and acquisitions and provide turnaround services for troubled companies.
- Work closely with client executives, attorneys, investment bankers, private equity investors or other stakeholders to provide day-to-day analytical due diligence support on transactions
- Assess or support purchase price valuation.
- Interact with clients and participate in business development networking to generate new business.
- Write and/or review complex detailed reports correlating due diligence and financial analysis findings.
- Identify issues affecting purchase price, deal structure or deal termination.
- Recommend post-acquisition actions to achieve anticipated earnings/cash flow improvements.
- Evaluate effects of seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements.
- Conduct and supervise forensic accounting/fraud investigation engagements.
- Research industry standards and trends, target companies or other information affecting the acquisition.
- Manage transaction advisory services to assist clients with M&A; activities and bankruptcy/turnaround events.
- Prepare and evaluate pro forma financial information. Develop complex financial modeling to support purchase price for Board or Bank approval or financing needs.
- Train and develop staff, both technically and professionally.
- Write complex business reports.
- Delegate work to staff according to their experience and capabilities and train/coach as appropriate.
Additional Duties _ _ included but not limited to**: **
- It is the individual responsibility of every employee to maintain a current awareness and understanding of and to fully comply with the firm’s code of ethics, independence rules and quality control practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance; Master’s Degree and/or another professional certification a plus.
- Minimum of 3 years + of recent audit experience in public accounting, or other relevant transaction advisory experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to distill complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Familiarity with intermediate-level accounting issues (reporting systems, managerial accounting, tax returns), economics, finance, and statistics
- Critical and logical thinking abilities
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Willingness and ability to travel when necessary
- A self-starter
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple engagements concurrently
- Excellent client relationships and interpersonal skills
- Strong current knowledge in GAAP, GAAS, mergers and acquisitions, and transaction services
- Strong leadership abilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Overtime is required throughout the year; with the expectation of 2400 hours each calendar year (consisting of both billable and non-billable time). Heavy overtime work is required during periods throughout the year and may be more than 55 hours per week. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Division: 4001 BSW, LLP
Job Code: 400
# of Openings: 2