Washington University of St. Louis Statistical Data Analyst - Anesthesiology - 49522 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The position will be within the division of clinical and translational research (DoCTR) in the Department of Anesthesiology. DoCTR aims to advance research and education in clinical and translational science to improve human health, particularly related to perioperative care, critical care, and pain management. This position resides within the research group of Dr. Pratik Sinha, M.D., Ph.D., who specializes in clinical and translational research in critical care and COVID-19. He has extensive background and expertise in data analytics and machine learning, including specialization in computational biology. We seek someone who has an enthusiasm for solving big problems through innovative data analytics.
Performs data management and/or data analysis for investigators using statistical packages. Assists investigators in the design of experiments, computational biology, clinical trial and epidemiological studies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform data analysis and/or data management for investigators using statistical packages, including generation of tables and graphs.
- Assist investigators in the design of experiments, clinical trials and epidemiological studies.
- Assist in data base design, implementation and maintenance of data collected over time for research purposes, including acquisition, editing and reporting.
- May assist in design and development of data entry systems.
- May function as a statistical consultant primarily in collaborative studies involving the medical school community.
- Assist with analysis of data emerging from multi-omics platform.
- Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as, math, statistics, computer science or epidemiology).
- Experience and proficiency with data analysis and data management utilizing statistical packages utilized by departments.
- Master’s degree in statistics, computer or data science or a related field.
- Experience in biomedical and/or clinical studies is desirable.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
The hiring range for this position is $47,986 - $61,194 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Statistical Data Analyst - Anesthesiology - 49522
Job ID: 49522
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time