JES Holdings Staff Accountant in St. Louis, Missouri
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Our vision is to create enduring value and enhanced quality of life in every community we serve.
Our purpose is to serve our customers by helping them achieve success. We strive to be one of the finest small companies in America by always putting our customers first. We place the highest priority on developing long-term relationships with clients and investors in the financial services and real estate markets to maximize profitable opportunities for all concerned. We will serve our clients and communities with integrity to maintain their trust and respect.
JES Holdings is the parent company to Affordable Equity Partners, Inc. (AEP); JES DEV CO, Inc.; Capital Health Management, Inc. (CHM); Fairway Management, Inc. (FWM); Fairway Construction, Inc. (FWC); and Prime Senior Living.
Affordable Equity Partners, Inc. (AEP) is a financial resources company that helps developers and investors utilize state and federal low income housing and historic rehabilitation tax credit programs to create enduring value in neighborhoods and communities, while at the same time reducing tax liability.
The Staff Accountant applies company policies and control procedures in the preparation of AEP and Equity Fund financial statements, and works closely with outside accountants to assure the successful and accurate completion of AEP and Equity Fund tax returns and audits.
- Prepares quarterly financial statements for tax credit equity funds.
- Prepares and reviews financial summary reports and other reports as needed to accompany monthly financial statements.
- Assist in the preparation of iquarterly reporting.
- Assist in the assimilation of financial information for tax preparers and auditors.
- Review tax credit fund tax returns and audit reports prepared by outside accounting firms.
- Responsible for annual investor tax credit reporting to investors and governmental agencies.
- Responsible for maintaining tax credit schedules for all equity funds.
- Analytical projects for tax credit funds as needed by Controller and/or Executive Management.
- Perform Investor True-Up analysis to align tax credit projections versus delivery.
Responsible for asset management fee collection and maintaining receivables due from invested properties.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience consisting of education and experience, required.
Minimum of 1 year work experience in an accountant environment, preferred.
Experience in the preparation of financial statements and Accounts Payable, required.
Title: Staff Accountant
Hours per week: 40
City, State: St. Louis, MO
Property Type: Office