JES Holdings Staff Accountant in St. Louis, Missouri
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Our vision is to create enduring value and enhanced quality of life in every community we serve.
Our purpose is to serve our customers by helping them achieve success. We strive to be one of the finest small companies in America by always putting our customers first. We place the highest priority on developing long-term relationships with clients and investors in the financial services and real estate markets to maximize profitable opportunities for all concerned. We will serve our clients and communities with integrity to maintain their trust and respect.
JES Holdings is the parent company to Affordable Equity Partners, Inc. (AEP); JES DEV CO, Inc.; Capital Health Management, Inc. (CHM); Fairway Management, Inc. (FWM); Fairway Construction, Inc. (FWC); and Prime Senior Living.
Fairway Management, Inc. is a multi-state property management company specializing in the affordable housing market. The Company manages approximately 200 senior and multifamily tax credit and rural development across ten states.
The Staff Accountant applies company policies and control procedures with the preparation of monthly financial statements. This position is responsible for completing monthly general ledger reconciliations including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statements. The Staff Accountant works with field staff each month to analyze the financial strength of each property.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements including balance sheet, income statements and cash flow statements
- Preparation and maintaining of fixed asset schedules for depreciable assets
- Preparation of general ledger journal entries and account reconciliations
- Reconciliation of property rent rosters to deposit records and monitoring of receivable/prepaid balances
- Analyze monthly cash flow projections for variances between budget and actual figures
- Assist with the annual audit and tax return related requests for tax preparers
- Management of deposit accounts and accounts payable process
- Assist with preparation and submission of annual property budgets
- Responsible for annual reporting to governmental agencies
Assist with analytical projects for Controller and Executive Management
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or other relevant degree program
- Minimum of 1 year experience in accounting preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- General Ledger reconciliation experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to multi-task with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment
Title: Staff Accountant
Hours per week: 40
City, State: St. Louis, MO
Property Type: N/A