Express Scripts Sr. Manager Controls Assurance in St. Louis, Missouri
The Senior Manager of Controls Assurance works closely with Business and IT teams to defend the Express Scripts organization from an increasingly challenging regulatory environment. The successful candidate will be able to anticipate the tools and techniques of internal and external auditors, partner closely with internal control owners to increase control health, and reduce the risk of audit issues or failure. This role presents a challenging opportunity for results-oriented individuals that have a strong history of successful program execution and process improvement.
- Design, manage, and execute key functions of the Controls Assurance Program
- Lead, mentor, and assist individuals to deliver against Program deadlines and stories
- Meet frequently with enterprise control owners to educate teams on required control activities and external audit requirements
- Collaborate with technical teams to interpret external regulatory requirements and design internal controls
- Assist internal IT and Business control owners to create, document, and verify control narratives
- Identify and communicate internal and external audit risk through the collection and analysis of internal control evidence
- Execute change management best practices to improve the health of the Express Scripts control environment through influence
- Measure and report health of key technical and administrative controls
- Increase enterprise breach resistance
- Action oriented, results driven
- 8-12 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- 5 years of experience in auditing, risk management, or IT consulting
- Strong track record of managing challenging audit engagements to success
- Understanding of software development methodology, computer systems, and IT security
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of audit standards, policies and procedures
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues using innovative solutions
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with ESI Management
- Focus on quality and service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills, MS Office skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical
- Public accounting experience, CISA, or CIA preferred
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy melding the here and now with the future - and charting the path to get there? Our strategy and programs teams are on the ground level leading design and implementation of IT delivery and organizational models. From strategizing around innovative technologies and Agile methodologies, to new governance and funding models, and identifying strategies to attract remarkable talent, this group drives a key component of our success: technology. Vision and execution starts here.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran