Express Scripts Sr Legal Counsel II in St. Louis, Missouri
Express Scripts is seeking an experienced healthcare attorney to provide advice for a wide range of regulatory areas, including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, insurance, utilization management, public and private exchanges, anti-kickback, and state laws as they relate to the PBM business and general business.
- Research, analyze and provide business-centric legal advice on a regulatory topics, including Medicare, Medicaid, insurance, utilization management, public and private exchanges, anti-kickback and state laws.
- Respond to government agencies regarding information requests, audits and investigations.
- Work collaboratively, strategically and proactively with a team of skilled lawyers in a fast paced corporate environment.
- Assist in the development and review of company-wide policies and procedures and compliance programs related to pharmacy benefit management.
- Participate in various internal committees.
- Professionally manage multiple projects in a demanding work environment.
- Stay abreast of current health laws and regulations relating to pharmacy benefits management and understand their impact on the business.
- Use sound judgment and strong analytical skills to make decisions, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, work well with others in a team environment to resolve complex issues.
- Law Degree from an accredited law school.
- 3-5 years of experience as a health care attorney in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- State and Federal regulatory work.
- Licensed in Missouri or willing to obtain.
- PBM, healthcare, insurance or managed care experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, planning, problem identification and resolution skills.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and collaborate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Superior writing and drafting skills.
- Process-oriented with the ability to effectively navigate systems and processes in a complex organization. Ability to quickly adapt and cope with ambiguity.
- Must produce top quality work product, have good attention to detail, the ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Additional consideration given to candidates who live in or willing to move to St. Louis.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Legal manages all legal and regulatory compliance matters impacting business operations. Our teams of attorneys and paralegals have different areas of responsibility, including contract generation, negotiation and procurement.
Legal’s primary areas of responsibility include overseeing contracting activities and licensing, providing legal advice, ensuring corporate compliance, managing litigation activity, ensuring SEC compliance, and supporting merger and acquisition activity.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.