Express Scripts Sr. Accountant in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Accountant position requires the ability to analyze business needs, document workflow and communicate results to management within any general accounting functional area.Essential functions require the ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.This position will assist management with departmental objectives, ensure proper internal controls and optimize efficiencies.The individual must exhibit the ability to work independently, prioritize multiple projects and is expected to effectively communicate suggested solutions.
- Summarize, journalize and analyze monthly specialty subledger activity (RX Home) into Oracle.
- Ensure files are reconciled and internal controls are maintained.
- Perform month end reconciliation of Specialty Client accounts receivable, perform rollforwards and research any discrepancies.
- Perform monthly analysis of accounts receivable including Average Days Sales, Days Sales outstanding and allowance coverage rates.
- Communicate analysis to Billing and Reimbursement leadership.
- Work with Revenue Cycle Management to understand reasons for Accounts Receivable aging fluctuations.
- Analysis of bad debts and establishment of allowance for doubtful accounts and contractual allowance utilizing Triangulation methodology of analyzing lagged collections data.
- Assist Revenue Cycle Management team with AR portfolio risk and highlight areas of concern, with end goal of reducing overall company exposure.
- Demonstrate initiative and critical thinking to analyze collections trends from various views to identify items to highlight as potential risk.
- Build working relationships with RCM and FP&A partners to maintain open communication channels related to current business drivers and issues.
- Develop relevant, evolving reporting package to drive necessary conversations, timely action and appropriate accounting and forecasting treatment.
- Assist internal and external auditors with monthly, quarterly and/or annual reviews
- Maintain workflow documentation and update Sarbanes Oxley narratives as appropriate
- Prepare and analyze variances to trend related to product margin.
- Apply RxHome and Financial Rules Engine knowledge, and utilize Business Objects and Essbase reporting, to develop analysis of trends.
- Work with IT partners to further initiatives related to improved reporting and analysis.
- Define requirements, assist with testing, and offer insight into data to ensure accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 8 to 11 years of experience.
- 2-5 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- CPA desirable but not required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Access) and other internal / external accounting systems.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Proficiency in accounting processes, procedures, and controls.
- Experience in general ledger account analysis/reconciliation; experience working with cross functional teams to research and resolve issues.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate departmental and project deadlines.
- Ability to travel as needed.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.