Washington University of St. Louis Senior Statistical Data Analyst - Biostatistics - 51305 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Division of Biostatistics. The position is located at Becker Medical Library. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs innovative data analysis and/or data management expertly to support collaborative studies of gene-environment interactions using statistical software packages, including statistical genetics packages. May be required to assume major responsibility on this and related projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs data analysis and/or data management expertly using the latest and best methodologies as implemented in statistical software packages and statistical genetics packages, including generation of tables and graphs.
- Assists other investigators and staff in the study.
- Assumes major/exclusive responsibilities on the project.
- May need to train and/or supervise Statistical Data Analyst level staff.
- Assists investigators by preparing publication quality material including sections for manuscripts and grants.
- Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Master’s preferred in statistical genetics, statistics, data science, computer science or related field.
- Experience working in Unix/Linux environment and bash script programming.
- Expert knowledge base and experience with SAS and R, and high degree of proficiency in data analysis and data management utilizing statistical software packages including statistical genetics packages.
- Expertise and experience in statistical analysis of genetics studies, including GWAS analysis and meta-analysis of GWAS results.
- Experience with Omics analysis is desirable.
- Capable of assuming a leadership role.
The hiring range for this position is $56,472 - $73,403 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
The Division of Biostatistics is a medical school-wide facility that engages in research, biostatistical consultation, teaching and training. Its academic mission centers around biostatistical excellence in clinical, epidemiological and genetic studies.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
JOB LOCATION/WORKING CONDITIONS:Normal office conditions. Occasional to moderate travel to collaborating institutions.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Statistical Data Analyst - Biostatistics - 51305
Job ID: 51305
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time