Washington University of St. Louis Senior Statistical Data Analyst - Biostatistics - 50207 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Biostatistics. The position is located at Becker Medical Library. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Performs innovative data analysis and/or data management expertly using statistical packages. Assists investigators in the design of experiments, clinical trials, and epidemiological studies. May be required to assume major responsibility on large project.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs data analysis and/or data management using the latest and best methodologies as implemented in statistical packages, including generation of tables and graphs.
- Advises and assists investigators in the design of experiments, clinical trials and epidemiological studies.
- Assists in data base design, implementation and maintenance of data collected over time for research purposes, including acquisition, editing and reporting.
- May assist in design and development of data entry systems.
- Functions as an expert statistical consultant primarily in collaborative studies involving the medical school community.
- Assumes major/exclusive responsibilities on large projects.
- Trains and/or supervises Statistical Data Analyst level staff.
- Assists investigators by preparing publication quality material including sections for manuscripts and grants.
- Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Master’s degree in statistics, computer science or a related field.
- Expert knowledge base and experience with SAS and high degree of proficiency in data analysis and data management.
- PC/UNIX knowledge.
- Skill and demonstrated success in designing and executing appropriate statistical data analysis.
- Capable of assuming a leadership role.
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organization skills.
The hiring range for this position is $56,472 - $73,403 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Statistical Data Analyst - Biostatistics - 50207
Job ID: 50207
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time