SSM Health Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Strategy in St. Louis, Missouri
Primary role will be to complete financial reporting and timely analysis for Financial Strategy and key stakeholders across the region. Will demonstrate the ability to independently support and complete service/product line financial analysis for services offered within the regional scope.
Participate in financial analysis for capital planning, financial projections for business acquisitions and program change proposals, and other key financial strategic elements for both short term and long term initiatives.
- Maintains productive working relationship by communicating effectively with department leaders, hospital leaders, staff, and other customers to deliver exceptional financial analysis and recommendations for future program development.
- Enhances assigned functions by identifying and implementing process improvement to generate efficiencies and improve quality.
- Creates a positive environment for co-workers by serving as a department resource and problem solver.
- Actively participates in team meetings and effectively communicates department achievements and areas for department growth.
- Improves the overall financial performance of SSM by providing in-depth analysis of patient profitability including demonstrating profitability by Service Line, Procedure Type, Providers, and other key data areas from our data systems.
- Will provide insight into areas where revenues can be enhanced by presenting information to organizational leaders and collaborating with other financial teams to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency in making these enhancements.
- Maintain a high standard of reporting and analytical tools that will be shared and reported across the IL/MO Region. Will participate in communications and workgroups across the region to improve reporting consistency and data reliability.
- Development of financial projections for new business plans including physician acquisition, capital equipment purchases, and new strategic capital ventures within the IL/MO Region.
- Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting, Business Administration or related field required
- 2 years of increasingly responsible experience in financial analysis activities, principally in health care and preferably in a provider environment. Experience in non-provider health care setting (insurance, consulting) can be considered in lieu of provider experience
*SSM Health - System Office *
SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to pay. Based in St. Louis, where its System Office is located, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company. Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we reveal the healing presence of God.
Req ID: 18007203
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health System Office - 1195 Corporate Lake
SSM Health System Office - 1195 Corporate Lake (0033.5) 1195 Corporate Lake St. Louis, 63132
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63132
Weekend Rotation: Full Time
Normal work hours: Professional Services
Job: SSM Health System Office - 1195 Corporate Lake
Organization: SSM Health - System Office
Work Locations: SSM Health System Office - 1195 Corporate Lake (0033.5) 1195 Corporate Lake St. Louis, 63132