Washington University of St. Louis Senior Director of Prospect Management, Business Intelligence Unit - University Advancement - 48746 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Business Intelligence Unit - University Advancement . This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Monitor fundraising activity/progress for continuity and compliance with the Prospect Management Guidelines. The Senior Director of Prospect Management is a member of the University Advancement Business Intelligence Unit, which is comprised of three key functional areas: analytics, research and prospect management. The senior director will manage the prospect management program and work collaboratively with the Senior Director of Prospect Research and the Senior Director of Data Analytics. The prospect management team will work closely with gift officers to effectively facilitate a moves management system that drives discovery, cultivation and solicitation strategies for donors and prospects. Candidate must be an experienced professional with excellent management, interpersonal and project management skills. This position will report to the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Business Intelligence, and will play a key role in reorganizing legacy business processes in line with University Advancement strategic initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with frontline fundraisers to strategically and actively move prospects toward a leadership, major, planned or principal gift ask within a specified time period and to consistently evaluate portfolio assignments/pipeline. Work with analytics and prospect research to constantly resupply portfolios to maintain maximum prospect load for respective portfolio.
- Manage a transparent prospect assignment process that demonstrates the criteria by which the prospects will be assigned and ensure the flow of prospects to gift officer portfolio is efficient.
- Work collaboratively as a partner with Schools/Units and University/University Advancement leaders to provide highly customized and strategic counsel to build relationships. Ensure that the department provides a high level of service to all relevant stakeholders.
- Play a key role in developing, expanding, and reorganizing prospect management policies, procedures and training; in developing and preparing key reports to evaluate prospect portfolios and fundraiser activity; and in evaluating progress toward fundraising goals.
- Monitor fundraising activity/progress for continuity and compliance with the Prospect Management Guidelines.
- Liaise with prospect research and data analytics team members to share information about managed prospects to build an understanding of fundraising metrics and to provide the information that supports the management of prospects through the development cycle.
- Establish regular meetings to review various types of portfolio groups or prospects (e.g. major or principal gift officer, school/unit, gift capacity level) with key university leaders/stakeholders to develop strategies for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, and to ensure that the agreed upon strategy is implemented in the appropriate timeframe or revised to reflect new information/activity. Manage University Advancement Prospect Management Steering Committee.
- Hire and manage a team of prospect management liaisons who will be responsible for monthly meetings with gift officers to review portfolio, progress to goals, and strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least seven years of experience in a prospect management function.
- In-depth knowledge and use of a donor and alumni database/CRM, ex. Blackbaud or Salesforce.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to compile, report, and analyze information from diverse sources
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of prospect management, preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrated advanced-level understanding of the relationship management domain of the Association of Professional Researchers for Advancement (Apra).
- Minimum of seven to ten years of prospect management experience, preferably within a complex university advancement program.
- Prefer management and strategic planning experience.
Base pay commensurate with experience.
To learn more about careers in University Advancement please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Director of Prospect Management, Business Intelligence Unit - University Advancement - 48746
Job ID: 48746
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time