Washington University of St. Louis Senior Analyst, Finance/Planning - Medical Oncology - 51329 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. The position is located at McDonnell Medical Sciences. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position performs financial administrative duties for the division, including monthly/quarterly fund reports, projections, and analysis of accounts. Oversees all accounts assigned to faculty, including grants and other agency sponsored accounts, while adhering to restrictions and compliance guidelines.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and updates unit policies and procedures maintaining current information and compliance with University and funding agencies policies and procedures. Reviews awarded grant notices and report any salary restriction and unallowable expenses.
- Collects, analyzes, and maintains data on section costs and assists RA to develop budget estimates for budget submission. Collects and maintains a list of all section accounts and provides monthly updates to section team. Maintains templates in shared drive and security access forms for department funds, extended sourcing, etc.
- Assists the Research Administrator with the fund management for Principal Investigators; monitors grant funds, department funds, subcontracts, clinical funds, etc. and ensures appropriate and timely expenditures and reconciliation of funds, prepares financial reports to review at quarterly, bi-monthly, or monthly fund meetings with Principal Investigator & RA team; takes notes during meetings to ensure action items and necessary changes completed. Prepares and sends quarterly reports to all clinical faculty by email. Manages and coordinates annual planning and completion of Space Survey process.
- Monitors, reviews, and approves transactions for grant, department funds, clinical recharge invoicing, etc. and ensures expenditures adhere to federal guidelines, internal policy, etc. Manages recharge centers, including monitor financial transactions, prepares invoices, and assists with reporting.
- Prepares and generates various fund management reports for Research Administrator, Principal Investigator, Grants Specialist, and/or other Research Administration Team for Payroll information (sourcing errors, default lists,clinical effort sourcing, etc.), for fund transaction encumbrances. Prepares residual balance letters. Processes endowed chair funds journals.
- Provides backup as needed for the Financial Analyst and Administrative Coordinator. Assists Research Administrator in training of new and current RA team.
- Attends meetings, education programs, workshops, etc.
- Assists Research Administration as needed for various tasks for section.
Equivalent of a bachelor's degree with more than five years of experience in a management/financial experience or a related field.
- Experience in grants administration and FIS and FOCUS programs.
- Working knowledge of computer programs, including spreadsheet applications.
- Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with discretionary judgement.
The hiring range for this position is $51,293 - $66,685 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Finance/Planning - Medical Oncology - 51329
Job ID: 51329
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time