Washington University of St. Louis Senior Analyst, Finance/Planning - Emergency Medicine - 49051 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Emergency Medicine. The position is located at Renard Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Responsible for various financial activities within the Department of Emergency Medicine which include but not limited to financial reporting, oversight, approval, and reconciliation of accounting transactions, financial modeling, budgeting, EPIC revenue cycle reporting, financial projecting, clinical hours reporting, profit and loss reporting, and ad-hoc variance analyses as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the accounting functions of the department. Prepare and process general accounting documents, including journals, and budget adjustments.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute financial reports, projections, and ad hoc financial reporting.
- Provide analytical data and reporting for revenue cycle.
- Responsible for learning the University’s new HR and General Ledger software system (MyDay/Workday). Provide assistance to department leadership with department employee training.
- Maintains and reconciles general operating funds. Responsible for daily approvals of financial documents.
- Reviews payroll and provides mentorship to the EM Coordinator Support role.
- Maintains and implements department and university policies and procedures. Other duties as assigned.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree with more than five years of experience in management/financial experience.
- Master’s Degree with advanced spreadsheet applications skills, a working knowledge of computer programs, and interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with discretionary judgement.
- Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer service skills, organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize work and act in an independent nature.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail is key.
The hiring range for this position is $51,292 - $66,684 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Finance/Planning - Emergency Medicine - 49051
Job ID: 49051
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time