Washington University of St. Louis Secretary III - Radiation Oncology - 50391 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiation Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position provides diversified secretarial and administrative support for Radiation Oncology faculty members and maintains internal/external contacts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedules and maintains appointments, meeting, lectures and seminar schedules.
- Maintains confidential administrative and correspondence files.
- Maintains faculty licensure (BNDD, DEA, state licenses and affiliated hospital credentialing).
- Coordinates travel arrangements, including lodging, visas, passports, expense reports, reimbursements and honoraria.
- Updates faculty CVs, prepares correspondence, material for meetings and presentations, take minutes and transcribe material as requested.
- Provides proactive assistance with manuscripts and abstracts for faculty as needed.
- Answers phone, takes messages and screens calls providing information in accordance with the organizational policy.
- Opens and routes incoming mail, distributes correspondence and other material to department staff.
- Assists with grant/report preparation and presentations as needed.
- Provides staff support during vacation/illnesses.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Three years of related secretarial experience.
- Two years of college or business school.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Strong initiative, decision making and judgment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EndNotes, Outlook calendaring and academic/clinic software applications.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $16.31 - $20.39 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Secretary III - Radiation Oncology - 50391
Job ID: 50391
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time