Washington University of St. Louis Secretary III (Part-time) - Cardiology - 47280 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 20 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position provides office support and administrative assistance to the Center for Cardiovascular Research (CCR) Director and faculty; maintains the CCR Director’s calendar and calendars for other faculty when requested; schedules and organizes CCR seminars, lectures and meetings; plans and organizes CCR special programs; and, performs specialized administrative/technical duties with minimum supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides general office support for the CCR faculty.
- Maintains calendars for CCR conference rooms.
- Provides administrative support for trainee seminars.
- Provides administrative support for special CCR special gatherings, to include but not limited to, holiday parties, promotion parties, lab training seminars, etc.
- Maintains and updates the CCR monitor.
- Maintains updated biosketches for CCR faculty.
- Tracks publications of faculty, staff and trainees in the CCR and the Division of Cardiology to ensure that they are in compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy and provide monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the Director and Division Chief.
- Coordinates monthly lists of faculty publications for posting on the CCR monitor.
- In coordination with the CCR Director and the Cardiology Division Administrator, ensures that established policies and procedures of the division, department and University are adhered to.
- Assists the Cardiology Division administration in processing of new CCR employees.
- Assists with taking lab photos.
- Oversees and maintains records of lab/office keys distributed to CCR faculty, trainees and staff.
- Assists with CCR visitors’ questions and needs.
- Tracks and orders office supplies for the CCR in keeping with the available budget.
- Acts as the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator.
- Provides information for WUSM and DBBS calendars for all trainee seminars.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Three years of related secretarial experience.
- Two years of college or business school.
- Working knowledge of various word processing, PC-based systems and other standard office equipment.
- Familiarity with FIS systems.
- Ability to use discretion and good judgement.
The hiring range for this position is $16.31 - $20.39 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Secretary III (Part-time) - Cardiology - 47280
Job ID: 47280
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time