Washington University of St. Louis Reporting Services Analyst II - WU Physicians Billing Services - 50142 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of WU Physicians Billing Services. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provide maintenance and one-on-one training for the Patient Financial Services Experian/MPV Low Pay Database. Provide monthly payer payment analysis for clinical departments using Experian/MPV low pay tools to assure accurate and full reimbursement from payers. Manage submission of low pay appeals and work with payer representatives in regard to global low pay issues. Provide analysis and appeals of monthly, school-wide Experian/MPV Low Pay Database variance “sweep” report.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide experian/MPV Low Pay Database support.
- Provide contract fee updates as well as insurance representation of Patient Financial Services (PFS) Experian/MPV Low Pay Database. Work closely with Experian/MPV contact and WUPN to assure contracts information are correct and concise.
- Perform analysis of monthly Experian/MPV low pay variance report for multiple departments and the monthly school-wide Experian/MPV low pay variance “sweep” report in addition to the low pay appeal process.
- Work closely with plan provider representatives in regard to low pay issues and the monitoring of low pay appeals.
- Maintain timely follow-up of appeals for assigned departments.
Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in business, health information management, or a related field and two years of experience in a health care or business environment.
- Associate degree in business, health information management, or a related field and three to five years experience in a health care business environment or a high school diploma or equivalent high school certification with a minimum of four years of accounts receivable management experience.
- Extensive experience with spreadsheet software and financial reporting.
- Knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding systems.
- Skilled communicator, tactful, courteous and concise.
- Maintain a highly professional demeanor as a representative of WU-Physician Billing Services.
- Organized in material, thought and action regarding a variety of duties.
- Maintain patient confidentiality regarding financial and medical information.
- Set personal goals and office goals; fully participate and complete tasks within time specified.
- Critical thinking and “thinking outside the box” skills.
- Proficient at using the following PC applications:
The hiring range for this position is $21.18 - $26.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Reporting Services Analyst II - WU Physicians Billing Services - 50142
Job ID: 50142
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time