IBM Quantum Services Offering Development Leader in St Louis, Missouri
As a Strategy Consultant at IBM, you will help reinvent businesses and industries by developing and utilizing specialized knowledge of industry-specific and cross-industry competitive strategies. You'll manage complex components of an engagement, working closely with clients and their customers to understand their pain points. Your strategic recommendations will drive change in a digitally-enabled era and give you the opportunity to collaborate with highly talented IBMers. Are you ready?
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Understanding and applying our methodology for Offering Development
• Guiding the creation of key sales, commercial model, solutioning and delivery artifacts with a team of subject matter experts.
• Conducting market research, user research and competitive analysis as required to support the development of market-leading value propositions
• Learning about other IBM Services Offerings and exploring ways to enhance their competitiveness and market-differentiation through the application of quantum and other exponential technologies
• Working 1 on 1 with senior leaders and facilitating groups to thoughtfully challenge thinking and pre-conceived notions.
• Working with fellow Offering Development Leaders and more junior Offering Management Consultants to outline program plans and execute key tasks.
• Traveling up to 25% of time once we return to a travel-safe environment. (Historically we have run 8 week sprints, roughly 1 per quarter, which have required 4-5 weeks of travel and co-location per quarter (3 in Raleigh, 1-2 as best suits the offering team. We are running these sprints fully remote and do not plan on starting then again until travel has been proven to be safe
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Able to think critically and strategically: can identify assumptions and challenge them
• Strong verbal and written communication: able to be concise, clear and persuasive
• Good facilitation and listening skills:
• Can be credible when working with Senior IBM executives, industry SMEs or clients
• Ability to communicate effectively using analogies or metaphors, or visually using concepts or drawings
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail
• Familiarity with Agile working practices
• Can team effectively and facilitate in a remote environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5+ years of consulting experience – preferably with a focus on strategy
• 5+ years of business development or consultative sales expertise
• 5+ years of marketing, communications or copywriting experience
• 3+ years of Offering or Product Management
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.