Federal Reserve Bank Pipeline - Bank Examiner / Risk Specialist in St. Louis, Missouri
This requisition serves to establish a pipeline of interested individuals for current and future opportunities at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas. The St. Louis Fed’s responsibilities include promoting stable prices, economic growth and a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
Our Supervision Division is expanding and looking forExperienced Bank Examiners or Risk Specialiststo join our Large Banking, Regional Banking, or Community Banking Organization teams. Responsibilities include participating in examination and monitoring activities related to assessing supervised institutions' overall financial conditions, risk profiles and compliance with safe and sound banking practices. You will also contribute to the Federal Reserve System, Reserve Bank, and Department goals by participating on committees, special projects, and training. You will report to a Supervisory Examiner and, as part of a team, analyze and communicate examination findings of financial institutions.
Open positions will be available in our St. Louis, Louisville, Memphis, and Little Rock offices. The percentage of overnight travel for this position is approximately 30%. The St Louis Fed diligently works to provide a positive Work / Life Balance through flexible scheduling, a compressed work schedule, and periodic work from home options.
- Work with a team of examiners/risk specialists, internal management, representatives from other regulatory agencies, the Board of Governors, and other local colleagues when formulating and messaging supervisory findings.
- Support the preparation and review of examination reports and work papers to ensure conclusions are sound and supported, reports are well-written, and messaging is clear and appropriate.
- Develop relationships with those on your team and internal management, senior management of supervised entities, Reserve Bank colleagues, and Board Staff.
- You will share your views and be open to, and respectful of, others' views and perspectives.
- Participate on supervisory activities including bank holding company inspections, bank examinations, development of supervisory plans, and compilation of institutional overviews and risk assessments
- Accept and provide constructive feedback.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, audit, management, or similar field of study or commensurate experience.
- 5 or more years of relevant experience in banking, financial services, or regulation.
- Experience with any of the following: banking, finance, accounting, information technology, trust/fiduciary activities, enterprise risk management, model risk, capital markets, compliance, BSA, and operations.
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent resident intending to become a citizen who meets certain other requirements.
Our organization offersbenefitsthat are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Pension plan, 401K, Comprehensive Insurance Plans, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center, Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult),and more
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence grow. Learn moreaboutthe Bank and its culture; check out ourCareers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position and sponsorship for a work visa, and subsequently for permanent residence, if they sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements.
In addition, all candidates must undergo a background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules, and all non-U.S. citizens must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen and pursue a path to citizenship.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Title: Pipeline - Bank Examiner / Risk Specialist
Location: MO-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 268082