The Hartford P&C Middle Market Underwriter - Future Opportunity in St Louis, Missouri
Executive Underwriter - UY07AE
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
Are you interested in letting us know that you would be open to an opportunity when one comes available in your desired location(s)? Then this is the right place for you! Note that this is not a current vacancy.
We’re in the business of helping people achieve amazing things by protecting the things that matter most. And you can help us when you join our team of P&C Middle Market underwriters. They’re at the center of everything we do – and by joining us, you’ll be on a team known throughout the industry for providing our customers with just the right amount of coverage they need to pursue their unique interests.
As a Property & Casualty Middle & Large Commercial Underwriter, you will quarterback the sales and underwriting process by building exceptionally strong and lasting relationships with agents and brokers, ensuring that The Hartford is the carrier of choice. Success in this role will also entail effective account stewardship by managing the sales process from strategic planning to operational excellence and developing cross-sell and up-sell opportunities across the team.
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• 3 + years of P&C Commercial underwriting experience, ideally in a P&C Middle Market setting
• Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining solid relationships with all internal and external business partners
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
• An ability to think analytically about business problems, make recommendations and propose solutions
• High energy self-starter, who is resilient and has an entrepreneurial spirit
• Demonstration of solid time, organizational, and desk management skills
• Goal-oriented and delivers outcomes
• Ability to challenge the status quo and compete to win
• Superior technical knowledge and sound decision-making and analytical skills
• Valid Driver's license and the ability and desire to conduct daily travel up to 35%
• Upon hire, candidate will need to reside in a location with local office presence and within the assigned Broker/Agent territory
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Human achievement is at the heart of what we do.
We believe that with the right encouragement and support, people are capable of achieving amazing things.
We put our belief into action by ensuring individuals and businesses are well protected, and by going even further – making an impact in ways that go beyond an insurance policy.
Nearly 19,000 employees use their unique talents in careers that span a variety of disciplines – from developing the latest technology to creating and promoting our products to evaluating future financial risks.
We’re also committed to programs that drive education and support volunteerism, which put human beings first. We do it because it’s the right thing to do, and because when our customers, communities and employees succeed, we all do.