Washington University of St. Louis Office Coordinator - Surgery - 48797 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position will work in the Department of Surgery. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position directs office functions, provides supervision to secretarial/administrative staff, performs specialized/technical duties with minimum supervision and serves as a liaison between Division and Department business staff through sound business and optimal staffing practices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises all administrative functions of the Division, including facilitating the creation and implementation of policies, procedures and office practices.
- Interviews potential candidates for staff vacancies within the Division. Resolves personnel issues such as employee complaints and conflicts and handles necessary terminations. Assists with issues regarding benefits.
- Supervises, trains, provides input on job responsibilities and provides direction to staff. Works with physicians for annual review and evaluation of staff.
- Approves and submits time sheets to payroll.
- Acts as a purchasing liaison with the business office. Reviews charges and directs to appropriate accounts. Maintains procurement card for Division and reconciles all charges to appropriate accounts.
- Conducts regular staff meetings and attends Division faculty meeting.
- Acts as a liaison between patients, physicians and staff, providing routine information to patient inquiries as well as handling and protecting confidential patient information.
- Acts as the Residency Coordinator for Fellowship program. Maintains policies and procedures, call schedule, duty hours, surgical logs, evaluations and files for each of the Department residents, as well as for the Program in general.
- Oversees and facilitates, with the business office, the marketing needs of the Division.
- Maintains established departmental and university policies, procedures and objectives, including regulatory records for license, reports, and notifications as necessary.
- Monitors the general maintenance of the building, notifies maintenance of problems, places work orders and follows-up with housekeeping on the completion of tasks.
- Coordinates the Division Chief’s and staff physicians’ clinical activities, schedules meetings, arranges conference calls, reserves catering services, makes travel arrangements and completes travel expense reports.
- Administers/prepares reports, minutes, Division Chief’s correspondence and manuscripts, lectures and administrative materials required for the direction of the department.
- Equivalent of an associate degree.
- Two to four years experience in university/medical environment.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment, including word processing, FIS, FOCUS, and similar programs.
- Organizational and supervisory skills.
The hiring range for this position is $44,054 - $56,139 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Office Coordinator - Surgery - 48797
Job ID: 48797
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time