Washington University of St. Louis Manager, Practice Operations (RN Preferred) - Faculty Practice Plan - 50516 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is for the Faculty Practice Plan. The position is located at the Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Functions primarily as operational support liaison to Washington University Clinical Associates, LLC employed primary care practices, including onboarding of new practices and providers, maintaining positive customer relationships with WUCA practices, trouble-shooting operational questions/issues, assisting with patient safety/quality and compliance initiatives, coordinating marketing support as needed, assisting with space planning as needed, etc. Assists with strategic and operational planning of new off-campus clinical practice sites and outreach initiatives across the Faculty Practice Plan.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Functions primarily as operational support liaison to Washington University Clinical Associates, LLC (WUCA) employed primary care practices. Provides practice management support and consultation to Washington University Clinical Associates, LLC primary care practices, including start-up of de novo practices, recruitment and on-boarding of new physicians, marketing and promotion of WUCA practices, implementation/transition and optimization of EMR, compliance with policies and procedures, including HIPAA, and other practice management issues as they may arise. Utilizes superior customer service skills to meet practice needs and creates collaborative working relationships with primary care physicians and practice managers. Coordinates with other FPP departments such as managed care contracting, billing, information systems, marketing and clinical operations to successfully address practice issues.
- Assists with recruitment of physicians into Washington University Clinical Associates, LLC. Assists with due diligence in practice valuations and acquisitions. Promotes WUCA to potential candidates interested in primary care.
- May oversee managers at various WUCA practices. Functions as supervisor of practice manager; has responsibility for ongoing operations of practice in consultation with practice physicians. For these sites, oversees coordination and delivery of patient services, ensuring quality care is provided in an efficient and cost effective manner. Coaches and provides training for these WUCA practice managers; keeps manager informed of WU policies and procedures, advises on staffing challenges, ensures open communication and access to WUCA leadership. Facilitates access to support resources such as marketing, IT, EMR support and compliance.
- Works with WUCA practices and WUSM Departments to increase referrals to the Faculty Practice Plan, including but not limited to, implementing tactics to improve communication with primary care and referring MDs, developing reports to monitor referral trends, etc.
- Works closely with physician sales, marketing and strategic planning at BJH and SLCH to coordinate primary care development activities.
Bachelor’s degree in health related field required, plus five years in leadership role for physician practice.
- Clinical experience/RN preferred is highly preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills and demonstrated experience in interacting with physicians.
- Experience managing clinical practice in academic or private practice setting.
- Ability to use discretion and good judgment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of Epic.
The hiring range for this position is $64,854 - $84,364 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
JOB LOCATION/WORKING CONDITIONS: Typical office setting conditions. Frequent meetings across campus and occasional travel to local practice locations throughout the metropolitan area. Occasional evening and early morning meetings.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Manager, Practice Operations (RN Preferred) - Faculty Practice Plan - 50516
Job ID: 50516
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time