Drury Hotels Learning Specialist in St. Louis, Missouri
Property Location:13075 Manchester Rd - St. Louis, Missouri 63131
You belong at Drury Hotels.
Getting a job is just the beginning. Finding a place where you belong is what truly matters. Who you are and what you do matters at Drury Hotels. There’s a place for you here today (and for tomorrow) in this position.
Creates, publishes and facilitates effective learning programs, classes and activities for team members throughout the Company in both a virtual and classroom setting. This person also serves as a mentor to new team members throughout the organization.
- Participates in needs analysis studies to determine learning and development needs within the organization.
- Confers with various stakeholders to gain knowledge of specific work situations requiring team members to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, and technologies.
- Formulates teaching outline and determines instructional methods appropriate for the audience, such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings, workshops, and elearning.
- Selects, designs and creates job aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, elearning, and reference works.
- Selects, designs and creates testing and evaluation procedures to be used at completion of training.
- Facilitates training sessions both in person and in virtual settings covering specified areas such as new team member orientation, on-the-job training, use of computers and software, customer service, sales techniques, safety practices, refresher training, promotional development, leadership development, and job specific skills training for all levels of the organization.
- Evaluates trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Reports on progress of team members under guidance during training periods.
- Revises design of learning and development curriculum and methods to improve effectiveness and recommends additional resources.
- Assists the department by performing additional duties and projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; experience in a learning department or hotel operations is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal customers throughout all levels of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages – basic business math skills.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of internet software; spreadsheet software, word processing software, and presentation software. Microsoft Office 365 and knowledge of elearning authoring tools such as Articulate 360 is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to speak English clearly. Ability to speak Spanish a plus.
Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the team member is regularly required to stand (sometimes for 4-6 hours at a time when presenting) and talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle and feel and reach with hands and arms. The team member is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What you can expect from us:
So. Much. More.
Just as our guests deserve more, so do you deserve more. Be valued for what you do and who you are … and well compensated for all you accomplish.
- Incentives - Quarterly bonuses (we succeed together!)—shared for all based on hotel results
- Health and well-being - Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and disability
- Retirement - Company-matched 401(k)
- Work-life - Flexible spending accounts, Team Member Assistance Program, paid time off, and hotel discounts
- Career growth - Mentorship, cross-training, development plans, management training, and more—60% of management positions promoted internally
- Award-winning - Ranked among Forbes’ Best Midsize Employers (2021) and highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Upper Midscale Hotel Chains by J.D. Power 15 years in a row (that’s a record!)
Rise. Shine. Work Happy.
ABOUT DRURY HOTELS
At Drury Hotels, we offer our guests more than a place to sleep. We provide a place to feel welcome. Happy. At home. As a family-owned and operated hotel system, we honor and enhance the Drury legacy of world-class hospitality excellence. That’s the Drury Way. Our 5,000 team members work together—across 150 hotels in 27 states—to make sure every guest receives the very best service and value. Together we continue to grow, carefully and with clear vision, as a family of thriving hotels nationwide. EOE
Drury Hotels is an equal opportunity /affirmative action employer. If you require an accommodation in order to view or apply to open positions or for any other part of the application or employment process, please call 888-324-1897 or email email@example.com.