Washington University of St. Louis John C. Danforth Center on Religion and Politics in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the John C. Danforth Center on Religion and Politics at the Danforth Campus.
This position has primary responsibility for management and execution of all Center events including lectures, conferences, colloquia, board meetings, and student events of various scale and budget with the goal of heightening the Center’s profile in academic and public communities. This position manages the reception presence of the Center with responsibility for supervision of student workers and any temporary staff. The Center on Religion and Politics is a small but very active academic center and this individual must be able to respond quickly and with exceptional customer service orientation to job responsibilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Event planning and coordination within budgets to include guest management (travel, accommodations, coordination with speaker bureaus/assistants, etc.), venue management (coordination with on- and off-campus partners related to rentals, catering, etc.), audience management (handle RSVP methods, parking/transportation, security, etc.), as well as event day direction of these items. Manage volunteers and student workers to support event activities. Develop event planning process and measurements. Approximately 12-15 events per year.
- Primary coordinator for Center director’s arrangements related to on- and off-campus speaking engagements.
- Manage Center’s front office/reception presence: Act as primary office contact for visitors and callers. Maintain the Center’s conference room calendar including scheduling and posting.Manage the Center’s student office assistants. In consultation with the Assistant Director, recruit, hire, schedule, approve time, and assess student employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 or more years of event management experience
- Experience working with high-profile guests and executives.
- Familiarity with Wash U systems and procedures.
- Previous management/employee supervision experience.Interest in matters of religion and politics and/or higher education.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Dedication to customer service orientation.
- Abiilty to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative in a work setting.
- Composed and pleasant attitude in fast-paced situations.
- Enjoys being a supportive and professional team member to create a collaborative work environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as contribute to team efforts and goals.
The hiring range for this position is $18.80 - $23.99 per hour.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Event Coordinator I - John C. Danforth Center on Religion and Politics - 41064
Job ID: 41064
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time