Washington University of St. Louis Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - WU Physicians Billing Services - 50136 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of WU Physicians Billing Services. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
This position is responsible for processing, reconciling, and controlling funds for medical billing. Make decisions on proper accounts to credit, debit, log receipts into Access Database and provide cash control in accordance with our internal procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deposit live checks utilizing a remote deposit scanner.
- Process credit card transactions.
- Process lockbox deposits.
- Process electronic payments.
- Research missing documentation, bank debits, credit card adjustments, and return checks.
- Periodically communicate with department heads and bank representatives.
- Perform special projects/other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
High School diploma or equivalent high school certification with two to three years of related experience in bookkeeping/accounting and/or medical collection setting.
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in the operation of office equipment.
- Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to participate as a team member.
- Two years of experience in an accounting environment.
- Experience with WorkDay.
- Experience with Epic.
- Experience with banking services.
- Knowledge of HIPAA.
The hiring range for this position is $15.85 - $19.43 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Insurance Billing/Collection Assistant II - WU Physicians Billing Services - 50136
Job ID: 50136
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time