Washington University of St. Louis Grant/Accounting Coordinator - Energy, Environmental, & Chemical Engineering - 50833 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Energy, Environmental, & Chemical Engineering. This position is for the Danforth Campus in the School of Engineering.
The Grant and Accounting Coordinator provides purchasing and payroll support for the Department of Energy, Environmental, & Chemical Engineering, associated labs and Centers. This position provides assistance in grant management as well as backup to the Department Administrator and coordinates all purchasing for the department. Person is responsible for coordinating, processing, and monitoring biweekly student workers payroll and processing all visiting researcher appointments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as responsible for purchases for the EECE Department (using PO’s or Pro-Card), and its associate labs. Review and monitor project expenses and fund ledgers. Ensure compliance with government and university rules and regulations. Process check request, travel reports, travel advances, inter-department orders, invoices, journals, budget adjustments, and receipt vouchers in AIS. Set up blanket orders and submit payment for associated invoices for the EECE department. Approve department invoices. Research equipment and supply purchases for research laboratories. Manage sales and service contracts including invoicing. Follow up to ensure that items are processed in a timely manner. Manage returns when necessary including obtaining return number, coordinate shipping and receiving credit memo.
- Scan, maintain and track all files and documentation. Maintain department files electronically for accounting documents through scanning system and able to produce documents in timely manner during agency and internal audit requests. Ensure all documents are compliant with Uniform Guidance and internal audit guidelines.
- Create Nano Research and Environmental Laboratory Facility (NREF) invoices, entry into Administrative Information System (AIS) or mailing to outside vendors and follow-up of payments.
- Assist and serve as backup to Department Administrator (DA) and Grant Specialist II with post award activities, including personnel management, payroll, budgeting, and operations management.
- Assist the DA and Grant Specialist II as requested in day-to-day post award responsibilities.
- Attend research and grant meetings, and training sessions related to position.
- Coordinate the hiring of undergraduate and master’s student workers, and summer program participants for the EECE Department. Put the information in the HRMS system, process bi-weekly PR and complete reports to track hours worked and wages paid.
- Process and enter all visiting researcher appointments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification and two years of office experience with a focus on accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Pro.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or accounting.
- Knowledge of AIS, HRMS, Cognos, LMS, ePARS, Adobe Acrobat, agency guidelines, etc.
- Previous university experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to research equipment and supply purchases for research laboratories.
- Ability to analyze expenditures and encumbrances on research funds.
- Microsoft Office experience, including Word and Excel, PC.
- Working knowledge of standard accounting procedures and ability to utilize computerized accounting systems.
- Effective analytical skills.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multitask and problem solve.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision, frequent interruptions and use independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of personal, financial and other sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and reliability.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Grant/Accounting Coordinator - Energy, Environmental, & Chemical Engineering - 50833
Job ID: 50833
Location: School of Engineering
Full/Part Time: Full-Time