Washington University of St. Louis Grant Specialist II - Neurology - 49330 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. The position is located at Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position directs the daily administrative and financial activities for all grants, contracts, and proposal submissions for the Department of Neurology. Informing research faculty of various funding available through institutional announcements, etc.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the day-to day fiscal and administrative duties of the department’s research grants & contracts.
- Coordinates all new submissions as well as progress reports & competitive renewals for the department.
- Searches websites for funding available through various agencies. Informs faculty of results of searches.
- Complies with all grant, IRB and university accounting guidelines.
- Advises the Manager, Research & Core Services and Department PIs on fiscal concerns.
- Advises the Manager, Research & Core Services and Department PIs on financial projections and recommendations for future resource allocations.
- Advises the Manager, Research & Core Services and Department PIs in personnel management.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager, Research & Core Services.
Equivalent of a bachelor’s degree with four years of experience in accounting or a related field plus experience in grants administration or eight years of combined education and related experience.
- Expertise in the university RMS System.
- Expertise in System to System, Assist & Adobe package electronic submissions.
- Working knowledge of university, government and non-government agency guidelines.
- Excellent mathematical skills and communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work spreadsheets and databases.
- Knowledge of Washington University systems (i.e. FIS, HRMS).
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Business acumen is important.
- Expertise in managing large multi-component grants.
The hiring range for this position is $47,986 - $61,194 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Grant Specialist II - Neurology - 49330
Job ID: 49330
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time