Washington University of St. Louis Grant Assistant - Orthopaedic Surgery - 50972 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. The position is located at the Mid Campus Center. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Pre-Award activities, with supervision/oversight.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Sr. Grants Specialist with submission of less complicated grant submissions as needed.
- Responsible for research payroll sourcing.
- Responsible for research payroll costs transfers.
- Serves as the ePAR Coordinator.
- Responsible monthly research report distribution.
- Tracks and maintains online database of grants submitted, awarded, rejected.
- Tracks and maintains online database of non-federal reports due.
- Sends advance reminders to PIs of upcoming deadlines for continuation, competitive renewals, progress reports, etc.
- Updates grants lists monthly or when new fund numbers are received.
- Responsible internal research invoicing.
- Organizes and maintains electronic and hard copy grant files.
- Attends training sessions/seminars related to position.
- Assists Grants Budget Specialist and Sr. Research Administrator with special projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equivalent of a bachelor's degree with one year general office experience or five years of combined education and related experience.
- Working knowledge of standard accounting procedures.
- Ability to utilize computerized accounting systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Word and Excel.
- Ability to plan and organize work in an effective manner in order to meet timelines and goals.
- Grant/sponsored accounting/bookkeeping experience with knowledge of accounting and/or financial and accounting concepts and practices.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Whether suffering from a sports injury, hip pain, back pain or any musculoskeletal condition, Washington University Orthopedics provides a full complement of comprehensive orthopedic services to meet the needs of every patient. Combining the best in both inpatient treatment and outpatient care and rehabilitation, the practice is nationally recognized for outstanding orthopedic care, innovative research and advanced professional training. It is ranked among the best orthopedic practices and holds the distinction of being listed on the Honor Roll by U.S. News & World Report. The practice is considered an innovator in both conservative orthopedic care and minimally invasive microsurgical techniques. Affiliated with Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital, Washington University Orthopedics has the unique ability to offer inpatient treatment for the most challenging cases within a top-tier academic medical center as well as outpatient surgery and care across the St. Louis region in Chesterfield, Town & Country, South County and the Central West End. The practice offers expertise in ten orthopedic subspecialties – foot and ankle, hand and wrist, hip and knee, cancer, pediatric and adolescent orthopedics, physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatry), shoulder and elbow, spine (including scoliosis), sports medicine and fracture care/trauma. The orthopedic specialists are dedicated to providing safe, compassionate and family-centered care for both simple and complex orthopedic conditions. Because of the skill and experience of the doctors and staff, it is the official medical provider for the St. Louis Blues hockey team, Washington University varsity athletics and several local school athletic teams. Washington University Orthopedics brings world-class care to patients from all ages and walks of life in St. Louis and the surrounding communities.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Grant Assistant - Orthopaedic Surgery - 50972
Job ID: 50972
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time