Washington University of St. Louis FIS Business Analyst IV - Washington University Information Technology - 50846 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Washington University Information Technology. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Through strong knowledge of the organization’s technology infrastructure and specific software applications, helps the business address changes through technology. Performs all tasks to achieve an understanding of business change needs, assessing the impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing and documenting requirements and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant parties. Works on projects with very large scope and impact.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines Financial Information System (FIS) technology requirements.
- Prepares business cases working with university partners.
- Ensures business opportunities and objectives are clearly articulated.
- Performs current state analysis and/or root cause analysis as required.
- Performs feasibility analysis as required for projects.
- Analysis, Design, Execution:
- Creates and maintains Foundation Data Model values while keeping data aligned across the platform.
- Serves as Level 3 support for escalated inquiries, testing and special projects that require deep technical expertise.
- Provides annual and ongoing financial assistance with complex issue/configuration support/enhancements.
- Implements strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements.
- Documents requirements, establishes scope and objectives and determines strategy for evaluating requirements implementation in systems to achieve business goals.
- Organizes requirements by release and other needed categories and sets up traceability matrix; articulates requirements relationships and dependencies.
- Translates and simplifies requirements for appropriate use; performs gap analysis; performs requirements analysis working with technical team.
- Prioritizes requirements working with university partners and creates conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
- Performs requirements management and communication; applies best practices for effective communication and problem-solving.
- Collaborates with project management to obtain requirements approvals per project plan; facilitates go/no go decisions.
- Validates requirements throughout process per plan.
- Uses requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests.
- Partners with Business to implement Workday financials solutions that meet the distinctive challenges of the institution.
- Takes on assignments for very large projects, and others as assigned.
- Monitors the technical team solution to ensure requirements fulfillment and solution evaluation.
- Leads and coordinates activities associated with requirements management vehicles.
- Provides coaching to junior business systems analyst staff to successfully accomplish objectives.
- Provides leadership to other BAs assigned to projects.
- Assists department manager in business systems analyst selection process, and on-boarding new resources.
- Participates in recommending and leading implementation of continuous improvement plans for business analysis.
- Supports Workday data governance policy and processes; performs data quality and compliance audits.
- Completes and supports the completion of finance transactions and audit.
- Develops requirements adoption metrics and other methods of evaluating the long-term performance of the solution.
- Reviews and monitors the effectiveness of business analysis via test results.
- Provides status reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a comparable discipline plus six years of relevant experience analyzing business processes and data, or an equivalent combination of experience, certification and education.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Workday FIN experience.
- Familiarity with testing techniques and software.
- Prior experience in higher education environments is a plus.
- Business acumen coupled with technical knowledge.
- Experience working on technology and application development projects, including developing technical requirements.
- Excellent customer service.
- Strong listening skills.
- Strong research skills with attention to detail.
- Experience developing functional and non-functional requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills; consultative approach.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis and business case development.
- Recognized within the organization as demonstrating knowledge in business analysis methods and modeling techniques.
- Experience working closely with team members during solution development and product launch.
- Experience developing use cases.
- Experience developing data and process flows.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and independent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated successful performance with, giving presentations to both small and large audiences, and coordinating and completing multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.
- Ability to contribute and collaborate effectively as a member of a highly-functioning and productive team.
- Demonstrated understanding of client relationship management, process mapping and improvement, project management, and production support.
- Proven ability to provide business analysis for large scope project teams to meet customer expectations.
- Demonstrated understanding of business analyst tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office and Visio tools.
The hiring range for this position is $71,323 - $92,789 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- The work is normally performed in the offices located across campus.
- There will be activities that require trips to many University offices and offsite locations.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: FIS Business Analyst IV - Washington University Information Technology - 50846
Job ID: 50846
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time