Washington University of St. Louis FIS Business Analyst I - Washington University Information Technology - 50771 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Washington University Information Technology. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Evaluates business systems and how they align with user needs. Performs tasks to achieve an understanding of business change needs, assessing the impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing, documenting and managing requirements for assigned projects, and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant parties.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines Financial Information System (FIS) technology requirements.
- Prepares business cases working with university partners.
- Ensures business opportunities and objectives are clearly articulated.
- Performs feasibility analysis as required for projects.
- Analysis, Design, Execution:
- Creates and maintains Foundation Data Model values while keeping data aligned across the platform.
- Serves as Level 3 support for escalated inquiries, testing and special projects that require deep technical expertise.
- Implements strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements.
- Documents requirements, establishes scope and objectives and determines strategy for evaluating requirements implementation in systems to achieve business goals.
- Performs current state analysis and/or root cause analysis as required.
- Prioritizes requirements working with university partners and creates conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
- Organizes requirements by release and other needed categories and sets up traceability matrix; articulates requirements relationships and dependencies.
- Translates and simplifies requirements for appropriate use; performs gap analysis.
- Works with project management to obtain requirements approvals per project plan; facilitates go/no go decisions.
- Validates requirements throughout process per plan.
- Uses requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, processes change requests.
- Builds knowledge of the organization’s technology infrastructure and specific software applications to help the business address changes through technology.
- Partners with Business to implement Workday financials solutions that meet the distinctive challenges of the institution.
- Takes on assignments for small to medium projects, and others as assigned.
- Helps monitors the technical team solution to ensure requirements fulfillment and solution evaluation.
- Leads and coordinates activities associated with requirements management vehicles.
- Coordinates activities with other business analysts.
- Enables process improvement and/or reengineering.
- Supports Workday data governance policy and processes; performs data quality and compliance audits.
- Completes and supports the completion of finance transactions and audit.
- Monitors requirements adoption metrics and other methods of evaluating the long-term performance of the solution.
- Reviews and monitors the effectiveness of business analysis via test results.
- Participates in recommending and implementing continuous improvement plans for business analysis.
- Provides status reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a comparable discipline, or an equivalent combination of experience, certification and education.
- Workday FIN Experience.
- Microsoft Office and Vision tools.
- Information technology experience.
- Familiarity with testing techniques and software.
- Experience in higher education environments is a plus.
- Business acumen coupled with the ability to acquire technical knowledge.
- Excellent customer service.
- Strong listening skills.
- Strong research skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills; consultative approach.
- Ability to work proactively.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and independent problem solving skills.
- Ability to contribute and collaborate effectively as a member of a highly-functioning and productive team.
The hiring range for this position is $47,986 - $61,194 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- The work is normally performed in the offices located across campus.
- There will be activities that require trips to many University offices and offsite locations.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: FIS Business Analyst I - Washington University Information Technology - 50771
Job ID: 50771
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time