Washington University of St. Louis Financial Projects Analyst - McKelvey School of Engineering - 51193 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the McKelvey School of Engineering. The position is located in Brauer Hall. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
The Financial Projects Analyst will be responsible for reporting (standard and ad hoc), analysis, modeling for budgeting, ERP, process improvements, ensuring data integrity, etc. Projects may be high-profile and routinely require accuracy, scrutiny, confidentiality, and tight deadlines. Position will also manage projects across multiple directors, managers, department administrators, and department chairs in the academic, financial and operational areas of the McKelvey School of Engineering (Engineering) and periodically for upper University management.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and/or support standard and ad-hoc reporting and budget modeling, perform financial analysis and provide decision support services to Management. Develop and maintain expertise in current and future accounting, budgeting and reporting tools and systems. Garner data from multiple disparate systems. Analyze data and make decisions, incorporating data and ideas into either formal or informal reports, presenting resolution to issues or problems.
- Ensure reliable, verifiable and consistently retrievable data across the organization. Develop improvements in information retrieval and analysis processes; acting as a liaison to help streamline critical processes. Work to improve data quality, collection processes and report design to meet diverse and changing needs. Develop and coordinate the implementation of processes necessary to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Manage complex projects involving complicated accounting transactions, allocations and concepts across the Financial, HR and student systems. Provide support and counsel to management with regards to analysis, planning, reporting, and development of resources to achieve short and long term goals.
- Serve as responsible for various monthly, quarterly, yearly or other periodic routine accounting activities/tasks; includes journal entries and variance analysis; incorporate data and ideas into either formal or informal reports, presenting resolution to issues or problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field with five years of professional accounting, finance, reporting and/or related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access or SQL. Report writing, budgeting and BI tools.
- CPA or MBA is a plus.
- Prior experience in a decentralized and/or complex environment.
- Significant ERP experience with special consideration to Workday (Finance & HCM).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision making capabilities.
- Ability to properly assess pertinent data and develop a framework for effective and practical solutions to complex issues.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Able to present findings succinctly and clearly in narrative, tables and chart forms.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to manage financial system projects, set priorities and goals, monitor performance against goals and standards, and ensure successful project implementation.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access or SQL.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Service-oriented communicator who is a true team player with the ability to forge relationships.
The hiring range for this position is $60,801 - $79,092 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Financial Projects Analyst - McKelvey School of Engineering - 51193
Job ID: 51193
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time