Express Scripts Financial Analyst Specialist in St. Louis, Missouri
This Financial Planning & Analysis team is focused on providing consistent & timely financial reporting, generating thoughtful & high-impact analytics and offering independent & forward-leaning perspective to our Technology partners. The primary function of this position is budget and analytical support for the Technology application development budgets. Engagement directly with Technology leadership, their teams and other company resources will also be required to provide the appropriate level of financial management. The role will be responsible for quarterly expense reporting and forecasting, as well as assisting the 3-year strategic plan within the department. Position requires strong communication skills along with problem solving and critical thinking skills. Quantitative analysis, with an emphasis on translating data into actionable business information, are a must. Must have expertise & flexibility to be able to diagnose tactical issues, as well as present to a VP/SVP level audience.
- Perform close activities including, but not limited to expense variance explanations, capital decisions, headcount and contractor reporting and analysis
- Assist with preparation of annual expense budget and budget package for senior leadership
- Consolidate and prepare financial forecasts
- Create high-impact analytics and provide strategic perspective to business partners
- Assist with the long-term strategic planning and any required reporting or presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 14 to 18 years of experience
- 8-12 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 6-10 years of relevant experience
- 4-7 years of significant financial analysis experience including Excel-based financial modeling and database management;
- Strong curiosity
- Excellent communication skills at all levels within an organization
- Ability to handle complex analysis from issue identification to proposal of potential solutions.
- Strong business and organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal to no oversight
- Demonstrated initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadline
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran