Express Scripts Financial Analysis Specialist in St. Louis, Missouri
The Financial Analysis Specialist is accountable for developing Federal and Workers Comp budget/forecast/strategic plan information and ensuring it is properly managed in the budget/forecasting/strategic plan process or tool. Specifically forecasting lives, volume, rate relief, and margin. The Financial Analyst Specialist will be responsible for receiving and answering division and internal client questions and will coordinate business practices between the various finance divisional supports. Accountable for ensuring the proper analysis is completed and comprehensive explanations for variances are provided to the both divisional leadership and finance. The ability to interact with senior leadership, be a self-motivator, undertake various projects at the same time, while providing consistent updates and communication to the Federal and Workers Comp Account team and Finance.
- Responsible for developing divisional level budget/forecast.
- Consolidation and refinement of client level forecasts; including data entry into budget/forecast model.
- Responsible for facilitating actual to budget/forecast variance analysis.
- Identification of opportunities to improve future forecasting capabilities to reduce variances within key strategic areas.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with SAM organization and other business partners in the delivery of ESI opportunities to grow and manage financial results.
- Includes the preparation of strategic internal and external directed presentations.
- Responsible for managing upsell and new sales opportunities while managing rate relief ceilings at a divisional level.
- Responsible for providing the analytics required to develop financial strategies to meet organization goals and objectives.
- Development of KPI’s and SLA’s to manage organizational performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 8-12 years of significant financial analysis experience including Excel-based financial modeling and database management; MA/MS and 6 -10 years of significant financial analysis experience including Excel-based financial modeling and database management
- Required Expert Level User in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access (as defined by Microsoft, Inc.); Excellent customer service, technical, analytical, and communication skills required
- Focus on quality and service.
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues using innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage a heavy workload.
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information is critical.
- Understanding of business operations and processes helpful.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with ESI Management.
- Ability to handle complex analysis from issue identification to proposal of potential solutions; Strong business and organizational skills; Ability to work with minimal to no oversight; Demonstrated initiative with commitment and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadline; Knowledge of PBM or Healthcare industry preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with presentation skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines and travel.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer / disability / veterans
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.