Washington University of St. Louis Facilities Management in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Facilities Management. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position oversees the coordination and activities related to all relocations within new and existing facilities, executing a seamless action plan and transition, customized to the individual project and as directed by the Capital Projects & Physical Planning Planner/Project Manager. This includes planning and relocation of office contents, furniture and equipment for administrative, research and clinical moves.
Ensures minimal business disruption, organizational and operational efficiency as well as the timely and cost effective completion of all assigned projects that support the activities within the Operations & Facilities Management Department (OFMD). Assists Planner/Project Manager with the equipment procurement process for all new and existing building renovations.
Assists Relocation & Space Information Management Coordinator with production and updating of space allocation drawings in the Computer-Aided Facilities Management System. Manages drawing and data updates to the University’s Space Accounting System for the Medical School.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and develops all activities related to moves within new and existing facilities and serves as the point-of-contact through all stages of move. Also receives and assigns/redirects small internal move requests through Service Now system. Directs the work of day portering and/or laborer crews as related to small internal moves
- Works closely with the Capital Projects & Physical Planning Planners/Project Managers to evaluate all move work plans, project schedules and budgets.
- Works with user groups to define needs and evaluate procurement, procedures and move-in process to identify improvement opportunities. Communicates and coordinates with customers, project stakeholders and departments in scheduling move activities, distributes schedules and relays/resolves issues as they arise.
- Implements and oversees plans that provide direction to tactical move support teams and vendors and is responsible for resolving peripheral move issues.
- Schedules and conducts project/move coordination meetings, to identify scope of work, space, layout, budget as well as planning and scheduling of project.
- Assists Planner/Project Manager with soliciting material suppliers, vendors and movers, including interviews, as it relates to move coordination and the equipment procurement process.
- Manages relocation of existing furniture and equipment as required, including oversight of all documentation, receiving and installation coordination.
- Works with the Procurement & Accounting Coordinator to schedule cleaning and waste removal services as related to moves as well as the disposal process of furniture – through buy-out or donation, as needed. Ensures that the vacated space information is provided to the Relocation & Space Information Management Coordinator.
- Assists Relocation & Space Information Coordinator with the following:
- Maintaining accurate data in the space system with production and updating of drawings
- Field verification of renovated space, new construction and newly acquired space as needed
- Additional CAD drawing updates as required
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required. Department may be willing to consider years of relevant work experience in place of degree requirement. Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience and AutoCAD proficiency required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Architecture, Project Management, Planning or related field
- Experience in a medical center or educational environment preferred
- Ability to interpret and communicate to others complex policies and procedures; effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience working in large highly structured team environment
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy, and productivity
- Demonstrated ability to maintain harmonious working relationships and effectively address complex and sensitive issues
- Ability to exercise independent judgment effectively in decision-making processes
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple assignments with critical completion goals
- Computer proficiency in spreadsheets, word processing, CAD and databases in a Windows environment
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to organize and follow complex and/or detailed technical procedures and communicate those concepts to technical and business resources; provides detailed and complex recommendations
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Technical Knowledge: Competent to work on general database systems with a focus on (but not limited to) knowledge and experience in working with databases and creating reporting in related and assigned applications
- Consultancy Skills: Ability to consult with clients and higher-level technicians and analysts to resolve technical and engineering/planning-related problems and ensure client satisfaction; ability to interact with client to discuss alternative technical solutions
The hiring range for this position is $55,370 - $71,968 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Relocation & Space Information Planner - Facilities Management - 41914
Job ID: 41914
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time