Washington University of St. Louis Event Assistant (Washington, D.C.) - Brookings Executive Education - 45674 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Please note the location of this position is in Washington DC.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is a part of Brookings Executive Education, located in Washington D.C.
Responsibilities include the effective and efficient management of Brookings Executive Education (BEE) courses from planning to implementation.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Event Planning.
- Provides logistical support for the leadership team, handling events of a more standard nature.
- Selects venue and makes reservations; identifies classroom/meeting space and may arrange for contract, determines appropriate conference facilities based on course requirements; researches and determines most cost effective vehicles to run courses.
- Plans conference logistics (carefully plans conference meals to ensure that the dietary and religious needs of participant are met; researches and determines the most efficient and cost effective transportation methods for off-site tours, identifies and resolves space and catering issues with conference services staff, secures accommodations for faculty members, and coordinates the security clearance process).
- Coordinates production of course materials, including but not limited to agendas, program books, name badges, tent cards, and certificates; determines the most efficient and cost effective method to produce the program books; reviews, identifies and corrects errors in course materials.
- Under the direction of the Leadership Manager, procures all educational materials and updates slide presentations; researches and determines the most cost effective method to procure educational materials.
- Coordinates course networking vehicles (Blackboard, LinkedIn, etc.); determines the most effective networking vehicle for each program, resolves technical issues.
- Determines the most effective marketing materials to display based on program content, determines the most efficient method of displaying marketing materials and ensures consistency of branding image for all programs.
- Supports faculty members and participants to resolve all issues related to program delivery, i.e., AV, space, registration, lodging, meals. Consolidates and summarizes program evaluation data to produce post program analysis.
- Completes tasks to closeout programs, i.e. submitting invoices and honoraria payments.
- Administration & Office Coordination.
- Assists the BEE staff with special projects.
- Ensures that faculty biographical information is updated.
- Drafts and manages correspondences, meeting notes and other materials.
- Organizes and maintains written and electronic files, address/contact listings, and business card files.
- Develops, updates and maintains participant and key contacts lists in CRM.
- Registration & Reporting.
- Serves as the back-up registrar for BEE.
- Enters registration and other contact data into BEE registration & financial systems, as well as retrieves data from the systems.
- Reconciles participant contact and billing information for the billing process.
- Processes credit card payments and sends payment receipts to purchasers.
- Equivalent of a high school diploma.
- Two years of administrative or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Executive assistant experience.
- Experience with event planning.
The hiring range for this position is $18.76 - $23.45 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Event Assistant (Washington, D.C.) - Brookings Executive Education - 45674
Job ID: 45674
Location: School of Business
Full/Part Time: Full-Time