Washington University of St. Louis Emergency Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Emergency Medicine. The position is located at Barnard Hospital. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Under the direction of the Manager, Financial Operations position performs accounting and financial duties for the division including clinical, research, and general operating funds. In addition, position will develop and coordinate various financial activities within the Division of Emergency Medicine which include financial reporting, oversight of AIS transactions, financial modeling, budgeting, EPIC revenue cycle reporting, financial projecting, and variance analyses.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the accounting functions of the division including assisting with the preparation, analyzation, and reporting of the annual budget, quarterly close and estimate processes, annual division strategic plan, and the year-end close process.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute financial reports, projections, and ad hoc financial reporting as requested to support operational and strategic decision making to division leadership.
- Provide analytical data and reporting for revenue cycle as requested by the Director of Business Operations. Analysis and reporting will include complex review of billing and coding trends as well as analysis focused on faculty and secondary providers.
- Prepare and process general accounting documents including journals, budget adjustments, and recommend sourcing changes as appropriate.
- Maintains and reconciles general operating funds in AIS on a monthly basis.
- Ensures accuracy and completion of ePARS reporting.
- Coordinates and reviews payroll in collaboration with services provided by Central Payroll for the division ensuring appropriate payroll and appointments are completed and approved by the deadlines.
- Maintains and implements division and university policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree with more than 5 years of experience in management/financial experience or related field.
- Master’s degree.
- Advanced spreadsheet applications skills, a working knowledge of computer programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with discretionary judgement.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to prioritize work and act in an independent nature.
- Professional appearance.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in grants administration and FIS and FOCUS programs preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $50,294 - $65,374 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Senior Analyst Finance/Planning - Emergency Medicine - 42386
Job ID: 42386
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time