IBM Design Researcher, Quantum Team in St Louis, Missouri
IBM Services is looking for a Design Researcher to add to the design team. You’d be part of the GBS Strategic Design Team whose mission is to leverage design to transform the way IBM Services works and interacts with our clients. You’d collaborate on a variety of high-priority projects within IBM Services to design experiences for our internal teams and our clients to help make key initiatives like Quantum successful. You’ll function as a key member of a multi-disciplinary squad focused on using design thinking and service design practices to create and iterate on these pivotal experiences.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals and risks.
• Identify best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
• Distill project goals and research questions into well-thought-out research plans.
• Conduct user research with rigor while ensuring participant comfort.
• Manage iterative prototyping through close alignment with design & engineering teams.
• Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings presentations- both verbal and written.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• End-to-end experience of all aspects of research (study, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
• Hands-on experience with lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, international research, and survey design.
• Ability to quickly turn around high-quality user journeys, study plans, and reports
• Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
• Behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.
• Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multitask in an agile environment
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate and the ability to articulate alternative approaches.
• Very comfortable with ambiguity and uncertain roadmaps.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 2-4 years of UX design experience.
• Portfolio that displays a solid understanding of design principles and interface design.
• Fluency in English.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.