Federal Reserve Bank Data Analyst in St. Louis, Missouri
The St Louis Fed is one of 12 Reserve Banks serving all or parts of Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi and Arkansas. The St. Louis Fed’s responsibilities include promoting stable prices, economic growth and a sound financial system, providing payment services to financial institutions, supporting the U.S. Treasury's financial operations, and advancing economic education, community development and fair access to credit.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis serves as a fiscal agent to the U.S. Department of the Treasury and supports services in partnership with the Treasury. Do Not Pay (DNP) is the Treasury's program designed to give paying agencies access to important information to identify and prevent improper payments.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis is looking for aData Analystto work in our Agile space. As our Data Analyst, you will report to an Assistant Manager and use data analytics on federal payment data to identify and prevent potential fraudulent and improper payments.
- Complete analytics projects. This involves: o Perform detailed data and root-cause analysis to achieve results. o Research best practices, new methodologies, and providing support material. o Identify the impact of findings on the broader business and communicating them. o Perform within an Agile team space and showcasing efficiencies while working within a team.
- Understand all areas of the DNP program and the value of different perspectives to identify and recommend cross-functional analytics projects.
- Critically evaluate business problems to identify how DNP's services or data can create solutions and help DNP customers.
- Assist in scoping, developing, and writing meaningful reports for key stakeholders.
- Help identify data quality issues and recommend the best course of action to address them.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field of study or commensurate experience
- 3years of relevant experience with a combination of the following: o Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and accuracy. o Organizational, time management, and relationship building skills, and ability to work effectively within a team environment o Operate in a collaborative, team-based environment, including taking direction from colleagues and DNP stakeholders when necessary to improve quality and service o Perform computational and mathematical analyses to complete tasks of varying complexities ranging from descriptive reporting to complex analyses such as anomaly detection, trend evaluation, and modeling o Concentrate on complex material, have good judgment, and correctly apply the results of research and analysis o Present and convey results of analyses to different audiences; experience in data storytelling o Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information o Use Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) o Proficiency in Microsoft Excel o Experience with SQL and at least one analysis tool (e.g., SAS, R, or Python) o Experience analyzing fraud or suspicious activity
- Travel (5%)
- US Citizen
Our organization offersbenefitsthat are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Pension plan, 401K, Comprehensive Insurance Plans, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center, Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult),and more
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Learn moreaboutthe Bank and its culture; check out ourCareers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
Title: Data Analyst
Location: MO-St. Louis
Requisition ID: 267768