Washington University of St. Louis Coordinator OR Staffing - Anesthesiology - 49647 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position provides backup to daily ‘scheduling’ decision support to ensure efficient staffing management of the OR and assists with long term (3 month out) scheduling process.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with assigning and adjusting Faculty, CRNA, Resident, and Fellow daily schedules at BJH and community hospitals.
- Interact as needed with pod leaders, trauma attending, and chief residents to allocate staffing in most efficient and educational way possible. Attend daily BJH AM ‘huddle’ to adjust & adapt to any overnight changes (sick call-ins, room closures, etc.).
- Assist with generating the departments 3 month out resourcing schedule including review and approval of special requests as well as efficient and effective allocation of assignments and call.
- Work proactively with Division Clinical Chiefs and Business Operations Directors to identify and resolve strategic resourcing issues and ensure that schedule is generated optimally and meets the needs of the business. Monitor and distribute data on clinical activity and leave.
- Provide timely and accurate ad hoc reports for department business leaders, physicians, other providers, and HR contacts.
- Ensure that providers are meeting their clinical obligations in various locations.
- Exhibit basic understanding of staffing models.
- Provide assistance in day-to-day administration duties as assigned by Administrator-Clinical Operations and Scheduling Manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification with four years’ related experience in a medical environment required.
- REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRATION: Must take personality assessment and pass technical-assessment testing.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Health care experience.
- Working knowledge of varied word processing and PC based systems including Word, Excel, and standard office equipment.
- Ability to work under tight time frames to complete tasks as needed.
- Demonstrated decision making skills and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including demonstrated tact and diplomacy.
- Flexible to adapt and improvise well to varied situations.
- Demonstrated analytical ability.
- Ability to maintain internal/external contacts within department and with the Hospital and ability to use discretion, tact and good judgment and be appropriately assertive when necessary.
The hiring range for this position is $21.18 - $26.99 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Coordinator OR Staffing - Anesthesiology - 49647
Job ID: 49647
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time