Washington University of St. Louis Coordinator of Legal English Programs - International Programs - 51178 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of International Programs. The position is located at Anheuser Busch Hall. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Coordinates Legal English Program with regards to academic-year and summer programming. This includes curriculum development and teaching, as well as recruiting, training and overseeing adjuncts and TA’s in the Summer Legal English Program, Introduction to US Legal Methods and other classes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Summer Legal English Program
- Coordinate summer Legal English Program: In charge of curriculum, student enrollment and placement, recruiting and training of summer adjuncts. Teach in the program.
- Two Year LLM Program
- Coordinate classes, revise curriculum, teach at least one class (5 hours per week). Recruit, train and supervise adjunct teachers and teaching assistants. Attend substantive law classes such as Property or Contracts if dovetailed with own class.
- Law School Courses
- Provide English Language Support for teaching assistants assigned to international graduate students. Recruit, train, and supervise adjunct professors for Introduction to US Legal Methods I and II.
- Workshops and Other Training Events
- Develop and coordinate academic programs (e.g., workshops, short courses) for groups of foreign-trained lawyers.
- Legal English/Writing Support
- Develop and coordinate programing to support the needs of international graduate students.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in teaching English as a second foreign language, applied linguistics, or a closely related field. A field is considered closely related if it includes coursework in linguistics, adult second language acquisition, and language teaching methods.
- At least three years of TESL/TEFL experience in a higher education setting, corporate setting, and/or intensive English program for adult learners.
- Experience studying or working outside the United States.
- High degree of proficiency in a least one language in addition to English.
- Experience teaching English for Specific Purposes (ESP), i.e., teaching to meet the unique English language demands of specific fields of work/study (e.g., law).
- Experience working in a field other than TESL/TEFL (e.g., law).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, computer skills; organizational skills; ability to implement systems.
The hiring range for this position is $44,986 - $57,369 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Coordinator of Legal English Programs - International Programs - 51178
Job ID: 51178
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time