Washington University of St. Louis Coordinator, Advancement Systems Replacement Project - University Advancement - 48935 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of University Advancement. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Coordinator, Advancement Systems is responsible for administrative duties in the Advancement Systems Replacement Program Office in the Department of University Advancement Programs. Responsibilities include supporting the Program Directors in the areas of calendar management, scheduling meetings, telephone support, processing payments, and special projects. Additional administrative support is provided to the Program Manager, Data and Reporting Lead, and Technology Lead. The incumbent will have superior attention to detail, outstanding oral and written communications skills, advanced computer skills, ability to work well under deadlines and to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to apply good judgment and handle confidential information and situations with sensitivity and discretion.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary administrative support person to the Program Director for the Advancement Systems Replacement Program. Administrative support includes arranging and maintaining project and work files, managing the calendar, providing telephone support, scheduling meetings involving complex calendars, making occasional travel arrangements, and handling correspondence. Draft correspondence, create and format various reports and presentations.
- Support scheduling and miscellaneous administrative tasks for the Program Director, Program Manager, Data and Reporting Lead, and Technology Lead, including processing procurement and travel expenses for Program staff and other key administration project needs.
- Provide logistical support with on-campus vendor/consultant meetings including handling technology, event logistics, scheduling rooms and preparing materials.
- Assist with the Advancement Systems Replacement Program documentation including file management, web page updates and other projects and presentations as assigned.
- Assist as needed with monitoring and ordering office supplies, review and manage maintenance needs of office equipment, furniture, and work orders for facility needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification and five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Sensitivity to the needs and mission of Washington University in St. Louis and understanding of the importance of university relationships with alumni and friends.
- Ability to foster a highly professional and welcoming office environment, along with demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Exceptional interpersonal, listening, and customer service skills.
- Attention to detail, well-organized, and able to complete tasks accurately, with sensitivity to deadlines.
- High degree of professionalism and absolute confidentiality in handling information related to the University’s employees and greatest benefactors.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in dealing with competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent grammar and proofreading ability.
- Positive attitude, initiative, resourcefulness, and the skill to handle a high volume of work.
- Flexible approach to an ever-changing work environment.
- Availability to work occasional early morning, late evenings, and weekends, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree and seven or more years of related experience.
- Experience in working in higher education, advancement, and/or non-profit organizations.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
To learn more about careers in University Advancement, please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Coordinator, Advancement Systems Replacement Project - University Advancement - 48935
Job ID: 48935
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time