Washington University of St. Louis Consulting in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Olin School of Business. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Industry and Employer Relations Lead - Consulting is an integral member of the Weston Career Center team and is involved in preparing our students for employment success by proactively managing employer relationships, overseeing student preparation (technical as well as input on classroom preparation), and identifying and managing towards industry hiring trends.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage relationships with employers (recruiters, mid-level managers, executives) as proactive account manager to successfully connect industry relationships with Olin students seeking employment and internships.
- Develop programs and oversee specialized interview knowledge & prep for students (executed by specialized coaches and/or external contractors).
- Collaborate with faculty to advise and develop appropriate industry education programs in faculty's specialty.
- Develop, lead/direct technical interview preparation for students.
- Collaborate with Corporate Relations / senior administrators, Washington University Career Center in building/maintaining relationships with senior executives of major corporate sponsors of Olin.
- Develop and manage relationships with senior executives of major corporate sponsors of Olin in conjunction with Corporate Relations, senior administrators and Washington University Career Center.
- Develop and Manage relationships, in conjunction with A&D; with alumni working in assigned industries.
- Work with platform leads to ensure faculty are aware of changing employer needs and assist in curriculum changes as needed to better prepare students.
- Provide advising and career education in employment search and preparation process (approximately 20% of the time).
- Create, and implement data tools to provide analytics for specific industries related to preparation, student satisfaction, industry trends and student success.
- Provide regular updates on employer engagement to WUCC.
- Provide regular updates on corporate engagement to Corporate Relations and Alumni & Development.
- Provide target employer lists to Business Development group.
- Supervise Specialists in assigned industry to manage workflow, performance management and assure student needs are met.
Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of work experience in higher education setting or related role. A Master's degree will substitute for one year of experience.
- Master’s degree in business, or in a related field.
- Extensive experience within a given business related industry.
- Commitment to designing and delivering excellent career development and advising services.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of time both domestically and internationally.
The hiring range for this position is $51,909 - $67,470 annually.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Industry and Employer Relations Lead - Consulting - Olin School of Business - 41225
Job ID: 41225
Location: School of Business
Full/Part Time: Full-Time