Brown Smith Wallace, LLC Consultant, Advisory - Construction Audit in St. Louis, Missouri
The Consultant supports the identification, planning, scoping, and execution of audits of construction projects in support of project owners/developers. They provide assurance around contractor cost and billings compliance, as well as recommendations. Additionally, they work with management and project owners/developers to drive change through process improvement and standardization.
- Perform periodic onsite assessments and assurance reviews regarding the physical construction, compliance with organizational policies and procedures, and the effectiveness of controls
- Complete front-end construction bid package, proposal, and contract reviews
- Review change orders for appropriateness and accuracy
- Perform in-process and closeout transactional cost and billings reviews
- Assist Supervisors with project owners/developers, suppliers, and contractors to negotiate and facilitate cost recoveries
- Evaluate and recommend opportunities for cost savings and process improvement
- Serve as a Consultant to standardize operational and financial processes including major strategic capital expenditure projects for a variety of industries
- Prepare and provide written and oral reports, communications and/or presentations to project owners/developers
- Coordinate implementation of corrective action plans including:
- Monitoring progress and completion
- Coordinating interviews and document gathering
- Escalating issues as necessary
- Possess knowledge of construction delivery methods, procurement, contracting, and management processes, as well as contract types, incentive strategies, labor rate and cost buildup techniques, and equipment pricing
- Follow engagement methodologies including:
- Following the Quality Assurance system
- Completing projects as assigned
- Maintaining a certain level of utilization
Additional Duties _ _ included but not limited to * _ :_*
- May be given in-charge responsibilities of planning and scheduling engagements
- May participate in other audit and advisory engagements
- May supervise others
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, Finance, Construction Management, or a related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in construction management, procurement of contracts, internal audit, accounting, finance or process consulting
- CPA, CIA, CCA, CCP, PMP or other relevant certifications
- Strong background in software used in the service line, Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, and Access
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, talk, listen, and respond. The employee frequently is required to walk and use fingers, tools, and/or various controls. The employee must occasionally stand and reach with arms and hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and depth perception. Occasionally, the employee will lift up to 25 pounds or more, such as, to lift files, papers and equipment.
The above physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet with frequent interruptions. The employee continuously interacts with staff and/or clients. Travel may be necessary to various client or business sites for delivery of work product. Occasional overtime is required throughout the year. Additional policies may be put into effect during busy season, i.e., no vacation or non-emergency-related personal time away from the office. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
The information contained in job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Brown Smith Wallace is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. Brown Smith Wallace is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Division: 4001 BSW, LLP
Job Code: 200
# of Openings: 1