Washington University of St. Louis Business Application Coordinator for Dining & Business Operations - Dining Services - 49329 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Dining Services. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Business Application Coordinator will have primary responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of software applications for Washington University Dining Services and Business Operations. Responsibilities include providing support for all software and hardware updates, data entry and reporting of systems for Dining & Business Operations. The Business Application Coordinator will oversee projects to improve the overall WashU dining program and guest experience. The Business Application Coordinator will work with Washington University IT to complete projects and align the department with campus IT and the dining services provider and data mining needs. The Business Application Coordinator will be responsible for providing training, support and data analysis for dining applications for mobile ordering and services for Business Operations and Dining staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and review critical dining services and business operations systems (CBORD, Odyssey, Micros Symphony, Student Information System (SIS), FoodPro, GrubHub), while working with IT System Administrators to ensure data accuracy. Take necessary actions when information needs corrections. Supervise the weekly dining production run, operating calendars, and weekly start-up and execute as needed. Prepare and analyze reports to ensure accurate cost and data integrity to meet budgetary goals. Assist with recipe management and entry to ensure accurate information.
- Train staff to ensure they understand the WashU Dining systems and the importance of accurate data input and delivery. Develop user guides and instructions as needed.
- Work with Dining Services leadership to assess, implement and manage IT systems for enhancement to the dining program and guest experience. Keep up with technology related trends in the food service industry and conduct research to bring innovative new ideas to campus. Manage IT related projects to ensure successful completion. Coordinate with University IT to ensure dining services software applications are fully integrated into the university infrastructure.
- Manage Menu and Inventory Control Systems projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree and three years of experience in an IT related position.
- Serv-Safe Manager Certification or equivalent (completed within six months of hire).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, hospitality, culinary arts or a related field.
- Further experience working in a higher education setting in a dining or similar area is strongly preferred.
- Working experience with computerized ordering, inventory and billing systems, such as FoodPro, CBORD, Odyssey, GrubHub, Micros Symphony, Student Information System (SIS) and Food Service Suite (FSS) and Event Management System (EMS) or similar is strongly preferred.
- Experience using POS/Mobile systems to process guest orders and payment in a customer service environment.
- Knowledge of nutrition concepts.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience in project management.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to communicate with chefs and dining management what information is needed and to hold them to the required timeline.
- Written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner, to be a self-starter, and to take initiative in accomplishing required tasks.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
The hiring range for this position is $17.48 - $22.29 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Business Application Coordinator for Dining & Business Operations - Dining Services - 49329
Job ID: 49329
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time