Washington University of St. Louis Business Analyst Lead - Advancement Systems Replacement Project - University Advancement - 48030 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of University Advancement. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The University Advancement systems replacement program is a multi-year program designed to improve Wash U’s operational excellence and ability to make insight driven decisions focused on University Advancement activity. ADIS is the system of record for Washington University alumni and donors, and stores biographical, relationship, transactional, research and activity data for constituents. Critical system functionality supports fundraising and engagement efforts. The University Advancement systems replacement program includes replacing ADIS with a vended, cloud solution, in addition to other identified related systems.
Evaluates business systems and how they align with user needs. Performs the process of understanding business change needs, assessing the impact of those changes, capturing, analyzing, and documenting requirements and then supporting the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant parties. Documents requirements, establishes scope and objectives, and determines strategy for evaluating requirements implementation in systems to achieve business goals. Leads all aspects of requirements management. Enables process improvement and/or reengineering. Manages the work of other business analysts. Through strong knowledge of the organization’s technology infrastructure and specific software applications, helps the business address changes through technology. Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares business cases working with university partners.
- Plans approach to requirements elicitation and methods for requirements management and communication.
- Ensures business opportunities and objectives are clearly articulated Performs current state analysis and/or root cause analysis as required.
- Plans modeling techniques to be used in requirements analysis (scope, process, rule, data, interface models, etc.).
- Plans validation of requirements in managing project scope, user acceptance, installation and deployment; helps determine metrics.
- Performs feasibility analysis as required for projects.
- Coordinates planning activities to meet objectives and timelines of overall program or project. Forecasts required time and resources, provides status reports, and follows established methodology. Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to project deliverables.
Analysis, Design, Execution:
- Implements advanced strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements.
- Performs requirements elicitation using techniques per plan.
- Organizes requirements by release and other needed categories and sets up traceability matrix; articulates requirements relationships and dependencies.
- Translates and simplifies requirements for appropriate use; performs gap analysis.
- Prioritizes requirements working with university partners and creates conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
- Provide strategic business process modeling, traceability and quality management techniques.
- Performs requirements management and communication; apply best practices for effective communication and problem-solving.
- Performs requirements analysis working with technical team.
- Works with project management to obtain requirements approvals per project plan; facilitates go/no go decisions.
- Validates requirements throughout process per plan.
- Uses requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests.
- Provides consulting to all stakeholders regarding requirements management.
- Will take on assignments involving larger scope and/or higher visibility.
- Monitors the technical team solution to ensure requirements fulfillment and solution evaluation.
- Leads and coordinates activities associated with requirements management vehicles.
- Provides training, guidance and assistance to other business systems analyst staff to successfully accomplish objective.
- Directs activities and work of less experienced staff.
- Takes leadership role in business systems analyst selection process, and on-boarding new resources.
- Develops requirements adoption metrics and other methods of evaluating the long-term performance of the solution.
- Reviews and monitors the effectiveness of business analysis; leads and implements continuous improvement plans for business analysis. Compiles business systems analysis feedback, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or comparable discipline.
- Minimum of eight years of relevant experience analyzing business processes and data.
- Relevant experience includes fundraising or fundraising operations, alumni relations, financial operations, university or large institution business processes, data management, customer relations, business process analysis.
- Proven leadership ability to provide business analysis for large scope project teams to meet customer expectations.
- Demonstrated understanding of business analyst tools and techniques; demonstrated advanced proficiency using MS Office and Visio tools.
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or PMI Professional in Business Analysis Certification (PMI-PBA) preferred.
- Business education.
- ITIL framework and IT product methodologies.
- Familiarity with testing techniques and software.
- Prior experience in higher education environments a plus.
- Business acumen coupled with technical knowledge.
- Experience working on technology and application development projects including developing technical requirements.
- Strong listening skills.
- Strong research sills with attention to detail.
- Experience developing functional and non-functional requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills; consultative approach.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis and business case development.
- Recognized within the organization as demonstrating expertise in business analysis methods and modeling techniques.
- Experience working closely with team members during solution development and product launch.
- Experience developing use cases.
- Experience developing data and process flows.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and independent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated successful performance with, giving presentations to both small and large audiences, and coordinating and completing multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.
- Ability to contribute and collaborate effectively as a leading member of a highly-functioning and productive team.
- Demonstrated understanding of client relationship management, process mapping and improvement, project management, and production support.
The hiring range for this position is $90,688 to $120,140 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
To learn more about careers in University Advancement please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Business Analyst Lead - Advancement Systems Replacement Project - University Advancement - 48030
Job ID: 48030
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time