Washington University of St. Louis Assistant Accountant II (Accounts Payable) - Accounting Services - 51389 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Accounting Services. The position is located at the North Campus.
The ability to travel to other WU locations, including the Danforth Campus, West Campus, and the Medical School is needed.
This position is responsible for tasks in Accounts Payable and Accounting Operations. Primary tasks support managing supplier records and serving as a cross functional team member.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the University’s supplier master records, including setting up new suppliers and changing existing records, and ensuring appropriate supporting documentation is on file, including W9 if applicable. Access IRS TIN matching site to validate correct tax identification information. Assist Tax department with 1099 and 1042 preparation. Disapprove documents that are not in compliance with University procedures and follow up with departments to resolve the situation. Manage set-up and updates of ACH requests. Review ACH forms for completeness and make decision to process.
- Complete tasks in the Student Accounting and Cash & Credit Operations department. These tasks could include (but are not limited to) preparing bank deposits, post tuition payments, record tuition benefits and assist with credit refunds.
- Assist departments within Accounting Operations with journal entries, research open issues, fiscal year end tasks, and provide quality customer service. Maintain working knowledge of various procedures, process and systems.
- Monitor supplier past due invoices and update comments in Access database. Work with suppliers and departments to resolve open issues.
- Complete special projects and other work as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification, and a minimum of 60 semester hours of college, including 12 hours of accounting; or high school diploma or equivalent high school certification plus four years of experience in professional accounting. Individual without an undergraduate degree but with applicable experience and having a strong accounting and accounts payable background will be considered.
- Strong PC skills (Access and Excel).
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks under deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related business field.
- Prior experience in a university or not-for-profit environment.
- Self-motivated individual driven by challenge.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy and productivity.
- Actively attempts to influence events, originates and takes action.
- Ability to participate as a team member on various types of teams and projects to achieve the goals of Accounting Services.
- Ability to manage high volume workload efficiently.
- Ability to exercise the ability to streamline process while solving problems and making decisions.
- Excellent communication and customer services skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to exercise judgment and take corrective action.
- High attention for detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access; including spreadsheets.
- Prior experience in accounting and supplier set-up.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Assistant Accountant II (Accounts Payable) - Accounting Services - 51389
Job ID: 51389
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time