Washington University of St. Louis Alumni and Development Program in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Alumni and Development Program. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Administrative Assistant provides secretarial support for the Director of Alumni & Constituent Relations, the Senior Associate Director of Alumni & Development, and the Associate Director of Development for the School of Law.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare correspondence of various types, manage mailings of various sorts, create Power Point presentations, track information using Excel spreadsheets for the law firm challenge, class gift campaign and other programs, write briefings, research donors and prepare other materials as needed. Learn ADIS and utilize various ADIS modules to assist professional staff in various capacities. Compile, analyze and organize donor and giving information in Excel spreadsheets and ensure accuracy.
- Assist the Director of Alumni & Constituent Relations as needed with various administrative duties and to secure/confirm RSVPs for and assist with Law Alumni events, generate invitation lists and assist with law alumni mailings, assist with the stewardship of our donors and generate stewardship letters of various types. Assist with law scholarship matching data and scholarship stewardship.
- Schedule appointments for the Senior Associate Director of Alumni & Development and the Associate Director of Development and prepare materials for these donor visits. Assist with travel planning, donor visit preparation both for in and out of town visits and provide follow up support for traveling directors including expense reports, and donor related documentation both internal and external.
- Handle correspondence and perform general secretarial duties as needed such as filing, copying answering phones and taking messages, managing calendars, and gathering and compiling data and information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school plus 1-2 years of work experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other relevant skills:
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, particularly creating, manipulating, and formatting data, as well as using complex formulas. Ability to create and revise Power Point presentations. Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel mail merge functions. Proficient with Web research in various aspects of business. Excellent typist with emphasis on accuracy. Excellent communication skills. Must be alert and well-spoken. Great attention to detail, accuracy in work, and the ability to manage closely to multiple deadlines. Ability to deal with multiple priorities with minimal supervision. Mature, good grooming, pleasant personality. Able to work well with and relate easily to people.
College degree preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $15.99 to $16.41 per hour.
To learn more about careers in Alumni & Development please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant I, School of Law - Alumni and Development Program - 41285
Job ID: 41285
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time