Washington University of St. Louis Administrative Professional - Pediatrics Newborn Medicine - 43722 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Newborn Medicine. The position is located at the Northwest Tower. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Assists department or division head in administration of department financial and operating procedures and programs. Coordinates and manages human resources, purchasing, and financial management for the department or division. Performs administrative duties of a complex and confidential nature in support of senior management; may supervise assigned nonexempt staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists and advises department or division head and staff members of budgetary and related problems; prepares initial budgetary recommendations for approval by department or division head by considering past requirements and expenditures and present program plans.
- Interprets departmental policies and procedures, making decisions on specific operating problems and issuing instructions in the name of the departmental and divisional head in accordance with departmental precedents and policies.
- Develops and recommends policies and procedures related to operations; establishes guidelines and procedures to enhance customer service; plans and conducts meetings with subordinates to ensure compliance with established procedures, to implement new policies, and to keep employees abreast of changes and current standards.
- Maintains liaison with all levels of administration to coordinate department business, accomplish directives, and facilitate the resolution of problems.
- Prepares financial and operational reports and analyses reflecting progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Coordinates various personnel functions including, but not limited to, hiring, disciplinary actions, grievances, promotions, transfers, and vacation schedules.
- May supervise and coordinate the work of designated employees, reviewing completed work for adherence to instructions or correctness.
- May assist in the preparation of grant proposals and applications to include compilation of data and preparation of budget expenditures; monitor and verify expenditures; ensure compliance with University and sponsoring agency policies and procedures; prepare administrative reports for submission to sponsoring agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma required. Two to four years of experience in office management. Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field is strongly preferred.
- Supervisory and budget management experience.
- Experience in a medical, research or educational environment preferred.
- Understanding of financial and human resources related issues.
- Skill in development and documentation of operating and administrative policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and attentiveness to detail.
- Basic knowledge of accounting principals and procedures.
- Ability to analyze problems and develop creative solutions in a wide variety of situations.
- Ability to function independently in a professional and confidential manner essential.
The hiring range for this position is $20.77 - $26.46 per hour.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
10 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
HR website (hr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Administrative Professional - Pediatrics Newborn Medicine - 43722
Job ID: 43722
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time