Washington University of St. Louis Administrative Coordinator - Occupational Therapy - 49670 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Program of Occupational Therapy. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides primary administrative support to the Education Division in the Program in Occupational Therapy. Provides clerical and project management support for the administration and operational activities of the Education Division; supports admissions, program evaluation, and compliance activities; plans and coordinates events related to the Program; develops reports as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative support to the Education Division in the Program in Occupational Therapy:
- Supports Education Division leadership team with program evaluation activities, software (eValue), university course evaluation system (Blue), and systems which support academic programs within the Education Division. Serves as staff liaison to Program Evaluation Committee.
- Manages the collection, production, storage and entering of all materials for ACOTE (national) self-study and accreditation application. Completes timely reports and submits information requested to ACOTE & NBCOT, including annual report, interim reports, self-study, and accreditation.
- Manages the collection, production, storage and entering of all materials for the professional programs for the Washington University bulletin.
- Maintains and updates Student Handbook.
- Coordinates immigration documentation and applications for all international students, faculty members, and visitors to the program.
- Serves as a system administrator for the professional program student admissions process in collaboration with the admissions committee chair, including scheduling and staffing committee meetings, interfacing with prospective students, assigning applicant raters, managing software supporting the admissions process, serving as liaison with OT centralized application service (OTCAS), and collaborating with recruitment specialist and academic systems manager to build the incoming class on an annual basis.
- Provides event coordination services (catering, room reservation, staffing, program, speaker coordination, etc.) for the Program including, but not limited to, seminars, conferences, workshops, alumni events, annual welcome picnic and holiday party, new employee monthly welcome breakfasts, etc.; works with marketing team to develop new ideas and concepts for program themes, materials and resources to supplement, expand or replace existing program components. Coordinates with Practice, Research and Business Office divisional staff for events spanning divisions.
- Provides administrative assistance for the director of the Education Division. Manages calendar, travel, phone communication, and reimbursement processes and assists with preparation and distribution of reports and memos. Supports programs under the leadership of the director of the Education Division.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equivalent of an associate degree with two to four years of experience in administrative support.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two to four years of experience in university/medical environment.
- Two to four years of experience in project coordination.
- Familiarity with admissions and events coordination.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals, including the ability to utilize different styles of communication and leadership necessary to complete tasks in a team environment.
- Demonstrates exceptional skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Advanced writing and editorial skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use communication media/technology efficiently and effectively.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- The Program is committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the advancement of equity and inclusive excellence. Candidates who can contribute to those goals are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths or experiences in this area.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Occupational Therapy - 49670
Job ID: 49670
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time