Washington University of St. Louis Administrative Coordinator - Biology and Biomedical Sciences - 50079 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Division of Biology & Biomedical Sciences. The position is located at the Medical School Campus.
Provides administrative support to the Associate Dean for Graduate Education and to the Executive Director.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates Associate Dean and Executive Director schedules. Maintains calendar of meetings, lectures, and seminars. Arranges and coordinates meetings.
- Administers/prepares reports, minutes, correspondence, lectures and administrative materials required for the direction of the Division.
- Maintains established departmental/divisional policies, procedures and objectives including regulatory records for license, reports, and notifications as necessary.
- Coordinates ordering and distribution of supplies and handles problems concerning material received.
- Monitors general maintenance of the suite, notifies maintenance of problems, places work orders, and follows-up with housekeeping on the completion of tasks.
- Assists with processing of travel expense reports and reimbursement requests. May development budget reports and other accounting transactions.
- May assist with travel arrangements (hotel, airfare, registration, transportation, etc.).
- Assists with visitors and customers questions and needs.
- Assists with special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
- Equivalent of an associate degree.
- Two to four years of experience in administrative support.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in university/medical environment.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and programs, including word processing, excel, FIS and similar applications.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to work as part of a team and contribute where necessary.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and prioritize work tasks independently.
The hiring range for this position is $19.18 - $24.47 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Biology and Biomedical Sciences - 50079
Job ID: 50079
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time